DVR 921 at www.VSSLL.com

sparker, get on the list at dishstore.net, like several (hundred?) of us have already done.
Also, get in touch with your local dealers (even try rat shack as they are Dish distributors at least here in my area).

JVC or Dish Net does make a difference

FYI, The January 2004 issue of Widescreen Review indicates that the DVR921 will be different when it has a JVC or Dish Network label. On page 31, under 'Coming Soon to A retailer Near You' it states:

"DISH Network (EchoStar Communications Corporation) is set to introduce two new products, the beginning of a new series of HD hardware offerings which will also include displays. The DISH Player-DVR 921 ($999), an HD set-top unit with DVR, is equivalent to the JVC-branded TU-DVR921. Key features include, in addition to those already described for the JVC unit, 30-second skip for commercials, four fast-forward and fast-rewind speeds, picture-in-picture, Extended Electronic Program Guide, USB port (for future use), and a multi-device UHF remote control."

Perhaps I mis-interpret the short review. I perceive that the Dish Network branded receiver will have more features. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.[/u]

"The DISH Player-DVR 921 ($999), an HD set-top unit with DVR, is equivalent to the JVC-branded TU-DVR921

Perhaps I mis-interpret the short review. I perceive that the Dish Network branded receiver will have more features."

Do you understand what "is equivalent to" means?

Minn guy. You are probably remembering (not that long ago) that the JVC version was going to be a little crippled compared to the Dish unit. Now they are equivalent except for logo (for various merchandising reasons).

Tim

Looked at Tracy's website and he said that he was able to get the JVC 921, not as many as wished for but at least enough for those of us that prepaid and ordered.

out of stock again.
supposedly he expects more on monday (172 ordered)
no waiting list at this time.

looks like he'll ship partial or maybe full c.o.d.

if he can ship full C.O.D maybe I'll bite.

it looks like he accepts cc for some receivers (721,508,301)
but not much else as far as dish items are concerned.

Hello Fellas
I spoke to Tracy directly & he told me he does
not take credit cards because he had to much fraud.

Get this I have a $8300 avail credit but only $400 cash advance plus it is 19.9% on CA and 9.9 on regular purchases. I am going to wait anyways sounds like a lot of bugs to squah.

Eeek! :shock:

Cash advance is a horrible option. I haven't done that in quite a while (my dumb younger years) but... isn't there an upfront % fee (2%) or something? plus the outrageous APR 19.9% or higher? PLUS, aren't lower APR charges paid BEFORE higher APR charges?

It would be better to charge something (or multiple things) you normally write a check like mortgage payment or auto or something; and make use of the lower 'charge' APR. Then, use that cash for the 921.

At any rate, stay away from cash advance if you can.

Well I have the money sitting in the bank and am ready to overnight a certified check to VSSLL. The only problem is I have sent 2 emails over the past few days and have yet to receive a response. Does anyone know of a better way to get ahold of them? They updated their website today from "Out of Stock" to "Almost in Stock" whatever that means. Seems like they would have a phone number of some sort or some alternate way of contacting them.

He's still kicking

I happen to have a Wachovia Bank branch here and was able to deposit cash into vssll's account for payment. No wire fees.

Spoke with Tracy this morning. Apparently he has a bunch going on and is having trouble maintaing e-mail and phone connections, but said he is doing his best to get units in an shipped.

Hopefully I'll have mine by the end of the week!

John

I got a reply from Tracy this morning. It seems he has 20 JVC units at the JVC warehouse but they are shut down for inventory so they can't release the units yet. No word on when they might be released. At the time of the email his waiting list was 13 so he may have a few to spare if anyone else wants to jump on the list.

Only two reasons why you "NEED" to use a CC.

1. You don't have the money to pay for the 921.

2. You want to use the Federal CC protection act for low risk purchase guarantee.

Considering that this company has, now, a proven track record for delivery on other CIA purchases. The risk seems low but still ever present.

Therefore it seems you "NEED" to use a CC because you need to borrow the money to buy now. I use CC all the time as they offer the absolutely the lowest form of interest on borrowed money. But you need to understand how to use the various 0% offers available as well as the low interest checks and Balance transfers being offered by every CC company around. If you "NEED" to make purchases on CC you should investigate the practice of working multiple credit card accounts and building Credit and top credit ratings on all of them over time. The trick is to have several lines of credit and run them up to the maximum one at a time and pay them off. Never be late on payments and always pay at least 2 times their minumum monthly payment. All my CC's carry line of credit access checks with CA equal to the line with no fees and range between 1.9 and 3.9% interest.
To do this does recuire budgeting as well but it can be done even by someone with bad credit history. Takes about 3 years if you were once bankrupt though. Oh about the comment of CC with multiple interests. Rule number 3, never let a CC do that. Always pay off those balances quickly. If they do this, use that card for purchases that you always pay monthly. I have one card that is 12% interest but I never pay that because I use that card for travel expenses I always pay off each month.

I once did an infomercial on this and learned all the secrets of building wealth and a business with OPM (Other People's Money) The first and easiest lesson in the course was to work the Credit Cards like an investment for cash building. Most people never think of them this way. They think of CC as an evil drug that becomes a habit of self fiscal destruction. That happens when you don't manage them properly.

Anyway, don't just blow off an idea because of one number scares you. You never pay percent, you pay in dollars. It's actual cost outlay over time that you need to work to your advantage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)