DVR Advantage and 622 question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mattzane227

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Hi, I still have an old crappy 811 in one room and a 301 in another. I'd like to get rid of the 811 and 301 and upgrade to a 622 with the DVR Advantage. My bill right now is:
America's Top 200 - $45.00
the crappy mpeg2 HD pack - $10.00
extra receiver - $5.00
Which is $60.00
So does anyone know about how much a 622 is for a current customer? I know they will also have to install a different or additional dish b/c I just have a Dish 500 for 110/119.
And then if my math skills are correct the monthly bill should be the same as it is now if I keep the 622 plugged into a phone line? Thanks for the help.

Your bill will be $49.99 includes Locals and dvr service for top 200. Thats a Vip 622,722. The 622 is $100 installed,722 $125 installed. They will discount that if you bug them a little, But being you can only receive Mpeg 2 HD now maybe they will give you a better offer to upgrade to Mpeg 4. So yes your bill will be the same but now you should get more HD channels.

The only correct answer you will get is from DISH. Call and ask them what it will cost you to upgrade. Each customer is evaluated differently so your final costs may vary.

You can have the 811 upgraded to an MPEG4 receiver free of charge and with no added commitment. Just call and ask. If the rep does not do this, ask to speak with a supervisor.

I am a Dish CSR.

You will receive at least an additional 23 hd channels by moving to the 622 ( which is the unit you would receive). Remember pretty soon there will be no HD pak available. This is a competitive industry and we realize that people who would have to pay a substantial fee to upgrade would be likely to change services.

If your CSR does not offer you this immediately under the "discontinued receivers upgrade", tell them to read their ELM ( Dish's training module) or the Upgrade that is on the first page of CSC Web concerning MPEG2 to MPEG4 upgrade. If for some reason that does not work, ask to speak with a supe and tell them the same thing.

This is a recent upgrade but I received all of the information today so any CSR will be able to access the information using the tools I mentioned.

Thanks for the help guys. I called today and ordered the 622 which will be installed Friday. Got it for $100 installed. Also asked about the Cinemax for a penny if I signed up for paperless billing and got that too. So I am going from a crappy 811 that froze up constantly with no locals and like 5 hd channels to a 622 hd dvr with locals and like 30 something hd channels and cinemax for the same price as I was paying before. Sweet. I'm excited. I'm kinda wondering if I should have went for the 722 for $25 more though. Does the 722 just have a bigger hard drive or are there more differences?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts