DVR Advantage Plan

david803sc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Ok I posted this in a reply to my thread "New packages confusing" but I thought it was important enough to have it's own thread as from my replies in the other thread many people are still confused about this, but I am positive now about this information so here it goes;

Ok got a clear answer now, and I think many people will be happy, you get the AT250 free with the DVR Advantage for $49.99 if you sign up for either Credit Card Auto Pay or an 18 month contract.

Without Credit Card Auto Pay, or an 18 month contract you only get the AT200 with the DVR Advantage Plan for the $49.99 with the option to upgrade to the AT250 for the additional $10.00.

Hope that clears everything up, and this was confirmed to me and explained more clearly by 2 different rep's at the Executive Office.

David

I would call them up the web is not correct, someone else just posted that they just pulled it offline so you cannot order it online you have to call. I am positive on the information I posted they were very clear and we discussed it for an hour.

David

Yeah give them a call. Then tell us what they said.

I called and spoke with tech support. The recording prior to says you get AT200 with Credit card auto pay or 18 month commitment. Spoke to the rep and she said that AT200 is the standard package and the commitment or auto pay is mandatory with the dvr advantage plan. You can add 250 for $10 more.

I ordered the DVR Advantage with Dish HD & HBO, online. The recent activity screen (manage bill) clearly shows that the monthly bill will be:

$49.99 DVR Advantage (AT200)
$30.00 Dish HD with 1 premium (HBO).

DVR fee gone (I have a 622 and non fee 721) and I assume there will be a $6.00 lease fee for the 622.

I HAD to chose between either an 18 month commitment OR CC Auto Pay, to get the DVR Advantage.

i wonder if we already have cc auto pay, hope that doesn't screw things up

I recently upgraded to HD and would like to know if its cheaper for me to go with the DVR advantage? I'm having a hard time figuring out my current bill since it has a bunch of pro-rated crap and the package names have changed. I currently have the AT200 + HD + Locals. So what are my current charges? $42 for AT200 + $20 for HD + $5 for Locals +? 622 fee?

And what would it be with the DVR advantage. I'm guessing it would be cheaper since the locals are included and 622 fees waived?

i wonder if we already have cc auto pay, hope that doesn't screw things up

Nope. Already having autopay is one of the few things that doesn't screw things up.
I hope you have better luck than I did. I'm back to AEP and will wait at least a month before trying dvr advantage again.

I signed up online for the Dvr advantage plan last nite (AT200), no actual change in my plan, figure I'll save $3 a month and no price increase till Jan 2009 on the AT200 package. Guess this means the HD package will go up double next year since Charlie can't raise the AT pack for a coupla years! Was already on cc autopay and am about 7 months into the 18 month 622 committment. I'll check my recent activity online in a couple of days & make sure they didn't screw it up.
Did anyone get a confirming email when you changed/signed up online?

I switched to DVR advantage online and immediately called Dish to make sure change had taken place. They said yes, I simply switched and added HBO for $10 and bill will be $73. I did not have to sign up for autopay I guess since I was already on the 18 month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)