This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DVR Advantage ?

With the DVR advantage do they bill the entire year at the beginning or is it deducted month to month?

Dvr advantage- TOP 100 YOU SAVE $.98 CENTS.
Dvr advantage- TOP 200/250 YOU SAVE $ 3.98.

OF course this is before the price increase in Feb. If DVR advantage doesn't go up- then you will save even more money per pack because they are all going up .

Top 100 is going up to $3.00 and top 200/250 is going up$ 2.00 come February. So you will then save :

Dvr advantage top 100 - save $3.98
Dvr advantage top 200/250 - save $5.98

Interesting. i was under the impression that the DVR advantage was not offered with elss than the 200. I must ahve been mistaken.

Interestingly enough, I just went ahead and signed up for the DVR Advantage. I had AT250, but now it shows on my account as AT200 with 250 bonus pack?

I guess that's how they price it out for DVR Advantage? I certainly hope all of my channels are still there when I get home tonight!

I have AT 250 as well. They basically consider the AT 250 upgrade to be a premium. OF course I got that information form the same CSR that told me that the DVR advantage is only avaialable if you have the At 200 and up.

I recently upgraded an owned 311 to a leased 722 (already had a leased 622). I was on AEP+Locals+HD. When I did the DIU transaction, the CSR (without telling me) put me on "Digital Advantage AEP+Locals." The net result was that I went from an SD second receiver to an HD DVR with NO increase in monthly cost ($94.99 + $20HD + $6 add'l leased receiver - exactly what I was paying before). All good so far.

Two questions: 1. Since I'm on Digital Advantage now, will I still be subject to the February price increases? (Doesn't D.A. "lock you in" for some time period?) 2. Does being on D.A. put me on Dish Home Protection also? I think I remember reading something about that when D.A. started up.

I would have asked the CSR, but didn't know she was changing my "package." Thanks in advance.

Brad

I just changed tonite from AEP to DVR Advantage 250+ locals+additional receivers and was told the price is locked in until 2009, if I keep paperless billing and autopay. I was on autopay & didn't have a problem with paperless so I went with it. It saves me about $4 compared to Americas 250 + locals (along with all my receivers). It would have been $9o.93 with Am250+ everything else, and with Advantage it's$86.95 with all the same equipment. Seeing as how my bill was $115, I saved alot. My CSR was very helpful and I am very pleased!

I have AT 250 as well. They basically consider the AT 250 upgrade to be a premium. OF course I got that information form the same CSR that told me that the DVR advantage is only avaialable if you have the At 200 and up.

My bill includes a $30 charge for "DISHHD with 1 Premium Package" - is that "premium" ($10) the difference between AT200 and AT 250?

New Monthly Charge(s)

12/10 to 01/09

DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU SAVED $3.98!

DISHHD WITH 1 PREMIUM PACKAGE

HDBONUS CREDIT 9 OF 10 - ADJUSTMENT

LEASED RECEIVER FEE

Account Charges $ 75.99

Well it looks like they processed everything correctly (Hooray!) as I just checked my bill online.

I was worried since I changed a few things at 1 time, so I know the CSR's can get a bit confused.

In the end I'll save $4.22/month after the taxes.

My next trick will be to upgrade the 811, but first I want to see what the new HD packs will be.

I just tried to subscribe to the Dish DVR Advantage package in order to try to save a few bucks and get locked in before the February price increase. I was told that i do not quallify since i do not subscribe to locals. I informed the CSR that locals are not available in my DMA (Salisbury, MD). He agreed but basically told me i was out of luck. Guess i will have to pay the increase in a few weeks

Sorry, the CSR was correct.

I was told that i do not quallify since i do not subscribe to locals. I informed the CSR that locals are not available in my DMA (Salisbury, MD). He agreed but basically told me i was out of luck.
Move your service address to Washington. The DVR Advantage program works for me here. We get 14 local stations not counting 4 in HD and the MASN.

Last edited:
additional DVRs

Is you have more than one DVR do you get charged the DVR fee for the second DVR even thought the DVR fee is included in DVR advantage?