DVR Advantage ?

Dvr advantage- TOP 100 YOU SAVE $.98 CENTS.
Dvr advantage- TOP 200/250 YOU SAVE $ 3.98.

OF course this is before the price increase in Feb. If DVR advantage doesn't go up- then you will save even more money per pack because they are all going up .

Top 100 is going up to $3.00 and top 200/250 is going up$ 2.00 come February. So you will then save :

Dvr advantage top 100 - save $3.98
Dvr advantage top 200/250 - save $5.98

Interesting. i was under the impression that the DVR advantage was not offered with elss than the 200. I must ahve been mistaken.

Interestingly enough, I just went ahead and signed up for the DVR Advantage. I had AT250, but now it shows on my account as AT200 with 250 bonus pack?

I guess that's how they price it out for DVR Advantage? I certainly hope all of my channels are still there when I get home tonight!

I have AT 250 as well. They basically consider the AT 250 upgrade to be a premium. OF course I got that information form the same CSR that told me that the DVR advantage is only avaialable if you have the At 200 and up.

I recently upgraded an owned 311 to a leased 722 (already had a leased 622). I was on AEP+Locals+HD. When I did the DIU transaction, the CSR (without telling me) put me on "Digital Advantage AEP+Locals." The net result was that I went from an SD second receiver to an HD DVR with NO increase in monthly cost ($94.99 + $20HD + $6 add'l leased receiver - exactly what I was paying before). All good so far. ;)

Two questions: 1. Since I'm on Digital Advantage now, will I still be subject to the February price increases? (Doesn't D.A. "lock you in" for some time period?) 2. Does being on D.A. put me on Dish Home Protection also? I think I remember reading something about that when D.A. started up.

I would have asked the CSR, but didn't know she was changing my "package." Thanks in advance.

Brad

I just changed tonite from AEP to DVR Advantage 250+ locals+additional receivers and was told the price is locked in until 2009, if I keep paperless billing and autopay. I was on autopay & didn't have a problem with paperless so I went with it. It saves me about $4 compared to Americas 250 + locals (along with all my receivers). It would have been $9o.93 with Am250+ everything else, and with Advantage it's$86.95 with all the same equipment. Seeing as how my bill was $115, I saved alot. My CSR was very helpful and I am very pleased!

I have AT 250 as well. They basically consider the AT 250 upgrade to be a premium. OF course I got that information form the same CSR that told me that the DVR advantage is only avaialable if you have the At 200 and up.

My bill includes a $30 charge for "DISHHD with 1 Premium Package" - is that "premium" ($10) the difference between AT200 and AT 250?

New Monthly Charge(s)

12/10 to 01/09

DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU SAVED $3.98!

DISHHD WITH 1 PREMIUM PACKAGE

HDBONUS CREDIT 9 OF 10 - ADJUSTMENT

LEASED RECEIVER FEE

Account Charges $ 75.99

Well it looks like they processed everything correctly (Hooray!) as I just checked my bill online.

I was worried since I changed a few things at 1 time, so I know the CSR's can get a bit confused.

In the end I'll save $4.22/month after the taxes.

My next trick will be to upgrade the 811, but first I want to see what the new HD packs will be.

I just tried to subscribe to the Dish DVR Advantage package in order to try to save a few bucks and get locked in before the February price increase. I was told that i do not quallify since i do not subscribe to locals. I informed the CSR that locals are not available in my DMA (Salisbury, MD). He agreed but basically told me i was out of luck. Guess i will have to pay the increase in a few weeks :(

I just tried to subscribe to the Dish DVR Advantage package in order to try to save a few bucks and get locked in before the February price increase. I was told that i do not quallify since i do not subscribe to locals. I informed the CSR that locals are not available in my DMA (Salisbury, MD). He agreed but basically told me i was out of luck. Guess i will have to pay the increase in a few weeks :(

Sorry, the CSR was correct.

I was told that i do not quallify since i do not subscribe to locals. I informed the CSR that locals are not available in my DMA (Salisbury, MD). He agreed but basically told me i was out of luck.
Move your service address to Washington. ;) The DVR Advantage program works for me here. We get 14 local stations not counting 4 in HD and the MASN.

Last edited:
additional DVRs

Is you have more than one DVR do you get charged the DVR fee for the second DVR even thought the DVR fee is included in DVR advantage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts