DVR Advantage

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
Recently I received literature in the mail about how I could save $5.98 per month with this new program. I called a few days ago but learned I would not save anything if I wanted to keep the superstations packaged with my locals so I didn't bite.

I did some more research on this site and found superstations are also available individually for $1.50 each. I am in the NYC DMA so WPIX and WWOR will always be locals for me. I never watch WSBK so I called again today and ordered the DVR Advantage plus KTLA and KWGN both a-la-carte. I loose WSBK and save $3.00 per month.

Not a bad deal for me. :)

I just wish the original CSR knew something about how to fix my problem the first time I called. Even if I kept WSBK, I would save a $1.50 per month. The first CSR was trying to sell me all the superstations for the $6.00 I would be saving so my monthly bill would have been virtually the same and it would be like I was paying for WPIX and WWOR twice in some way.

I wonder why some kind of superstations discount was not built into this new package but..

Thanks to satelliteguys I am now saving some money. Thanks Scott and everyone else around here.

Now check your next bill and make sure they got it right. If they did you should not see a DVR fee.

I plan on that. I went through all this very slowly with the CSR. I think I will be OK. WSBK went red on my program guide just as expected. Everything else looks good as well.

I made the mistake of NOT checking until I read a thread on this forum. They never set my DVR Advantage account correctly when I requested it back in July. Hopefully it is correct now but I will keep checking. Already on my third try to get it right.

After reading this post, I went and took a look at my bill. I add an additional 722 DVR in December to my account. With all of the convoluted billing that Dish does, I now see that they took me off the Dish DVR Advantage program.

So for the last two months I have been paying for two DVR fees. I called in and they made the change and gave me a credit for the DVR fee but we will see if it shows in the bill.

It PAYS to look at your bill from DISH.

And those of us who took advantage of the paperless billing to get the penny Cinemax should be extra diligent. They may view that "free" Cinemax to be compensation for potential billing errors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)