This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DVR erased a protected show

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Turned on my DVR today and noticed a show I had been saving had been deleted. I had it protected. I contacted Dish Network and they said they didn't erase it. I guess they don't give me the shows I don't even record sometimes. I turn it on sometimes and there is a PPV that just appears. No one else has access to my DVR. Its a 510. Anyone else have any software bugs deleting your recorded protected shows?

Try changing your remote address. There is probably a conflict with a neighbor's remote.

Been a while since I did it, I'd have to look it up. I'm sure someone will fill you in.

I'm the only one within 5 miles that has Dishnetwork. They would also need my password to unprotect and delete my shows. I contacted Dishnetwork and they said they didn't delete them. I must have a ghost.

The dvrs will delete stuff even protected after so long, my 508 deleted two that I had protected after a year. Stuff showing up tends to be dish pr crap on a new dvr feature or promo.

The dvrs will delete stuff even protected after so long, my 508 deleted two that I had protected after a year. Stuff showing up tends to be dish pr crap on a new dvr feature or promo.
I've had it about 3 years and it has never erased a protected program. I'd had stuff on it over a year old and it wasn't erased. Its the new stupid software. I set it to record 2 shows the same 2 shows just incase I have a power outage or signal outage and it automaticly decides for itself that it don't want to record my second timing. I absolutely hate the new software upgrade.