DVR erased a protected show

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Turned on my DVR today and noticed a show I had been saving had been deleted. I had it protected. I contacted Dish Network and they said they didn't erase it. :confused: I guess they don't give me the shows I don't even record sometimes. I turn it on sometimes and there is a PPV that just appears. :confused: No one else has access to my DVR. Its a 510. Anyone else have any software bugs deleting your recorded protected shows?

Try changing your remote address. There is probably a conflict with a neighbor's remote.

Been a while since I did it, I'd have to look it up. I'm sure someone will fill you in.

I'm the only one within 5 miles that has Dishnetwork. They would also need my password to unprotect and delete my shows. I contacted Dishnetwork and they said they didn't delete them. I must have a ghost. :rolleyes:

The dvrs will delete stuff even protected after so long, my 508 deleted two that I had protected after a year. Stuff showing up tends to be dish pr crap on a new dvr feature or promo.

The dvrs will delete stuff even protected after so long, my 508 deleted two that I had protected after a year. Stuff showing up tends to be dish pr crap on a new dvr feature or promo.
I've had it about 3 years and it has never erased a protected program. I'd had stuff on it over a year old and it wasn't erased. Its the new stupid software. I set it to record 2 shows the same 2 shows just incase I have a power outage or signal outage and it automaticly decides for itself that it don't want to record my second timing. I absolutely hate the new software upgrade. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)