DVR "Erases" my NBA recordings!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jenifrog

Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
I am so frustrated. For the second time now, I have seemingly successfully recorded an NBA game off of League Pass ("R" on main menu, shows up in MyVOD as a recorded item). I watched the whole thing live while recording it so my boyfriend could watch it later. When the game was over I went to change channels, selected "Save Recording and Change." then when we go back to watch the recording, it's not there! It shows up in the history as a partial recording, I try to watch it, get the black screen of death, go back to history and it's now listed as an unsuccessful recording. On my third check it's completely disappeared! A similar thing happened when we were watching a recording of a game and tried to set the DVR to record another channel. The screen went blank. We tried to go back into MyVOD and the recording has mysteriously disappeared from my VOD. It's like the gestapo of league pass! We haven't had these issues recording any other programming.

I thought it might be a blackout issue, but I looked all around the DirecTV website, and while they discuss the fact that a blackout might be issues in my area, there's no mention of being able to watch games live but then finding them to be blacked out of DVR, which seems to be what's happening.

I am reluctant to call the hotline, since it's such a pain, and I am pretty sure they will tell me that I am just accidentally pressing "Delete Recording" or something. Which I'm, uh, pretty sure I'm not.

Can you guys help me?!?!

DRM perhaps? Too many people are sitting on the sidelines for this issue and not backing EFF.

Thanks Projectorsrule.

I thought of that myself... I figured that if it were the case that there were some limitations on recording games, Directv would at least mention that someplace on the website (so people such as myself would not keep trying to record games), and I couldn't find anything. Have you heard of cases where the information is restricted and there's no notification whatsoever to the user?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)