DVR Error 024

Shadyrest59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I just got my DVR (625) yesterday.

It was setup and everything worked fine. I recorded two shows and they were fine for a moment went to them the next day and they were different. It froze on me when i was FF'ing and then it was working fine for a minute.

Today I went out, so i turned it off and when i returned I get this Error 024

Saying it has detected an error that will prevent me from recording or pausing live tv.

This sucks because I have only had for 12 hours.

12 freaking hours!

So i call the Indian guy and he said it was a bad box. I'm thinking "WTF!!" I just got it yesterday and haven't really had a chance to use it!

They are going to swap it for a new box but that's not the point. You pay for something, you expect it to work, not to be bad out of the bax and then you have to wait for them to replace it.

So now I have to wait two days for a tech to bring me a new box.:mad::mad::mad:

There is no guarantee you got a new or refurbished unit, nor that even if it is new that there is no problem with it. I have bought new items from various manufacturers over the years and not every new item worked right out of the box. I agree with you that you would "Expect it to Work", but in life, that is definitely not the case.

#1 (permalink) 05-16-2007, 12:04 PM
dfergie
Proud Staff Member Proud Staff Member
Location: west of the pecos... between Otis and first contact site

How To Re-Initialize (format) The Hard Drive on DVR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was sent to me... have not tried it... for Re-Initializing the HDD on your Dishnet receiver

Quote:
SELECT THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS (works with Dish 522 and some other
receivers)

1. Menu
2. 6
3. 3 (the Diagnostic screen should appear)
4. Info
5. Right button
6. Left button (screen filled with hexadecimal figures should
appear)
7. Play
8. Play
9. Recall (message saying that the hard drive will be
re-initialized)

Note: only try this as a last resort...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/147749-how-re-init-625-a.html