DVR fee?

Jerryinvirginia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2005
I have a good question. We are all aware that new and old customers can sign up for DVR advantage. The cost of the package is guaranteed not to change thru 1-31-09. WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN TO THE PACKAGE PRICE AFTER THAT DATE? As it now stands, the first DVR receiver fee is free. If a new customer is sold on the DVR plan and signs a 18-24 mo. contract, it will leave a sour taste in their mouth if that fee is restored. What do you say?

I say sign up for dvr advantage with autopay instead and you get no new contract and you can change later. Prices always go up sometime. Who cares what happens then. When it happens you can change.

I have a good question. We are all aware that new and old customers can sign up for DVR advantage. The cost of the package is guaranteed not to change thru 1-31-09. WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN TO THE PACKAGE PRICE AFTER THAT DATE? As it now stands, the first DVR receiver fee is free. If a new customer is sold on the DVR plan and signs a 18-24 mo. contract, it will leave a sour taste in their mouth if that fee is restored. What do you say?
The contract is not for the DVR Advantage, so if they do change the package, then you would simply cancel the DVR Advantage back to whatever is cheapest. The Contract is that you will keep AT100 or higher for however long the contract is.

Geoff

If your a new customer then you can pay the $49 and not have a contract after you are installed. Then you can always cancel if they change pricing if it is that big of deal.

It seems to me the fundamental idea of DVR Advantage is you get a package deal that includes your programming and your DVR fee for one specified price. I doubt they would change that, since that is the whole "Advantage" part. I would guaranteed that next year the package price will go up, but I would bet that is the only thing that will change.

It seems to me the fundamental idea of DVR Advantage is you get a package deal that includes your programming and your DVR fee for one specified price. I doubt they would change that, since that is the whole "Advantage" part. I would guaranteed that next year the package price will go up, but I would bet that is the only thing that will change.

So, what you're saying is Dish is going to continue to offer the ADVANTAGE benefit, not charging extra for the DVR normal $5.98 fee as an incentive? Hope you're right. If I signed a 18-24 mo contract for the extras that are included like DHPP, dish mover...and then they do away with DVR ADVANTAGE before the contract time is satisfied, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts