DVR Newbie needs advice

RaiderZA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
I am thinking of upgrading one of my 5 year old receivers (37xx and a 27xx) to a DVR. I want to be able to record one Dish channel while simultaneously watching another off the same receiver. Can I do that on a 510? If not, what receiver(s) can I choose from?

721 or 522. One advantage of a DVR over a receiver is that even a single-tuner model will allow you to watch a recording while recording a separate channel, or even the same program you are recording "from the top" while it is still recording. On a 2-tuner unit you can do all of this and also record a second program simultaneously

TyroneShoes said:
721 or 522. One advantage of a DVR over a receiver is that even a single-tuner model will allow you to watch a recording while recording a separate channel, or even the same program you are recording "from the top" while it is still recording. On a 2-tuner unit you can do all of this and also record a second program simultaneously

You also get an 8+ day search-able guide that is stored on the hard drive for instant access. :)

NightRyder

For any dual tuner DVR you will need two lines from the dish to the receiver. Order the up grade from DISH and keep both of your receivers active dish will provide necessary switches to allow three receivers. Keep the existing receiver at the 510 location and you will be able to record on the 510 and watch on the 3700 a different channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)