DVR Not Authorized Error International Channels

idnusa

Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I have 8300HD box and IO service since November. I also have International Russian package that for the past 3 weeks I get problem recording. Once timer reaches scheduled time I get an error 'Not Authorized 1000 DVR call .....' and I can’t get rid of that message. Than screen turns completely black. I called CV, and after they checked my account and did all regular troubleshooting, the service guy was send to the house. He didn’t fix anything saying that they have some kind of frequency problem with all international channels. When I call CV asking for a status on that issue, they said they have know idea what I am talking about and send another technician. Does anyone hear of anything of that nature?

All of the international channels are on switched video, which means that if there is a high frequency of people in your area watching it, it will be blocked as the server cannot hold the bandwidth, but this problem is far and few between. Which russian channel is it specific to, all of them, or just one...ill look into it.

This started happening about 3 weeks ago and simultaneously with all channels. I expected that to happen mostly around evening hours. But I found that shows scheduled at 1-3 am also not being recorded. So to say it happens with specific channels would be incorrect. The channels are RTVI (251), RTN (252), Channel 1 Russia (253), and NTV America (254). It is very frustrating. The only time I can record when I tune to that channel. :confused:

I have the same problem with international channels and I have demonstrated to them exact steps to reproduce the problem. I have verified this with swapping the DVR to no avail. They are telling me that engineering is looking at it and there is no eta (basically, don't call us no more). My gut feeling is that they pushed a new firmware and it has this bug. I say it because there is a new option of continue from current location on recorded programs, which didn't used to be there.

I have the same problem with International (South Asian) Channels
98 Zee TV ,243 TV Asia , 244 ITV Gold, 245 Zee TV , 246 SET Asia .

I got new install in July and it was working fine, all of a sudden about 15th July I started noticing this problem. I have called more than 10 time, each time they check the signal and everything is OK, they send the tech to swap the 8300 HD DVR, still the problem persist. They have open a trouble ticket with the Engineers but still nothing.

Its one month now and the problem is still there. It dose not matter what time the recording is. I have tried afternoons, and past midnight recordings, all the same, The recordings would be either BLACK screen, or it would not record at all. I am not even talking about two simultaneous recording.

If you are watching a LIVE tv show and you have a recording to start while you are watching the current TV, you get the message NOT AUTHORIZ... same as everyone on this thread. The only way to get rid of the message is to go into DVR menu and stop the recording. If I stop the recording and manually record the show (which was scheduled) now (as its the current time for the scheduled recording) it will record fine without any error message.

So the problem is international channel scheduled recording. You can record international channel programming going on at the current time without problem. So it dose not make sense.

Any help appreciated.

DVR not authorized for international channels

Has the problem been fixed for anyone. I am still having the problem and now in addition, I am getting distorted picture (all gobbled up) with distorted sound most of the times.

TIA

Not Yet for me. Same problem. I too get sound disturbance and picture getting distorted some time

Cable vision Super wiser was at my home to check the issue, as soon as I told him my problem he said, he know about this problem. So I asked why dose the customer support not know about this and they always ask us to reset the box etc.

He said there is no status on when this will be resolved, he said this is the software update from the manufacturer which is creating a problem. He is making many visits to customers house with the same problem about International channel. This started about July 1st or 2nd week update.

He told me to call cable vision customer service often and complain or threatening to cancel the service. From what he sounded it looks like no one is working on our problem and this problem may stay for a long time. It almost three months now to this problem. No answer to this problem.

Good News for Michigan Satellite Subscribers

Speed to Launch HD Network In Feb. 2008

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)