DVR not functioning properly

sevendust2412

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
Connecticut
I have a VIP 622 DVR and lately the skip forward and skip back buttons are not functioning properly. I press skip back and it doesn't go back the 10 seconds rather maybe 1. Then after the maybe the 4th press it jumps back a couple of minutes. Same thing with skip forward. I've only noticed this with shows I've taped from AMC recently but wondering if it's the DVR or something encoded in the broadcast preventing them from working properly. Anyone else having an issue or any ideas what could be causing the issue?

I have a VIP 622 DVR and lately the skip forward and skip back buttons are not functioning properly. I press skip back and it doesn't go back the 10 seconds rather maybe 1. Then after the maybe the 4th press it jumps back a couple of minutes. Same thing with skip forward. I've only noticed this with shows I've taped from AMC recently but wondering if it's the DVR or something encoded in the broadcast preventing them from working properly. Anyone else having an issue or any ideas what could be causing the issue?
Reboot the receiver. this same thing happens about every three weeks to me and a unplug fixes it . I do not understand why when it restarts every night but it happens

My 722 jump back has been screwed up for months. And sometimes when I start from a pause, it jumps back maybe two minutes. Luckily my 30 second skip seems to work right. A reboot fixes nothing.

This has been happening to me with SD recordings only for about a month or two now. Sometimes the skip back button works properly but most of the time it does not. I have the same exact problem with the skip back button going back a second or two and then many minutes. Sometimes with just one press it goes back a few minutes. Also when using the fast forward button and pressing play to stop somewhere, it stops about 5-10 seconds after what was on the screen when you pressed play. This always happens at every fast forward speed except for x4. I haven't noticed a problem with skip forward, however I don't use it often.

And while we're talking about DVR problems. Whenever two recordings start at the same exact time one of them always has a black screen and no sound for about 10 seconds. Also if you are fast forwarding or rewinding and a timer is just about to start it will not start and will freeze the receiver in the fast forwarding or rewinding mode until either it reaches the end or beginning of the program. Though sometimes after a few seconds or almost a minute it will stop the fast forwarding or rewinding and record the program. It seems to be random when the freezing decides to stop, but it always happens.

I had the same skip back problem on one of my 622's. It happened twice and only on recordings from the Hallmark channel. I never did any reboots and havn't had it happen on any other channel or recording.

I have a problem almost similar. I will try to go back and it skips to live tv automatically. Or if I watch from the beginning of a program I am still recording it skips to live tv sometimes. Also slow fast forward when recording sometimes. Anyone else?

it happened to me tonight to, my 625 DVR did the whole skip back to live after backing it up a few seconds, i don't know if it's the same issues as everyone else or the whole buffer didn't have enough back time to keep it from skipping back live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)