DVR playback shortcuts missing

kwindrem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2006
A number of the shortcuts I've used to play programs no longer work.

On H2, if you select a program in the DVR menu and there are multiple episodes, pressing PLAY will begin playing the newest program. If that program is recording it will play from the beginning. H3 resumes an older program that wasn't completely watched. Aggravating if you've watched all but the last couple of minutes of the program that contain promos, commercials or the next program.

If you select a program that has multiple episodes, pressing PLAY on an H2 would play/resume the latest program. That doesn't work on H3. You have to cursor to the desired program then then hit SELECT, cursor to START OVER then SELECT again.

Pressing LIVE (hold BACK) when watching a program that is still recording does nothing. Pressing SELECT brings up choices but none allow you to go live without stopping the recording.

A number of the shortcuts I've used to play programs no longer work.

On H2, if you select a program in the DVR menu and there are multiple episodes, pressing PLAY will begin playing the newest program. If that program is recording it will play from the beginning. H3 resumes an older program that wasn't completely watched. Aggravating if you've watched all but the last couple of minutes of the program that contain promos, commercials or the next program.

If you select a program that has multiple episodes, pressing PLAY on an H2 would play/resume the latest program. That doesn't work on H3. You have to cursor to the desired program then then hit SELECT, cursor to START OVER then SELECT again.

Pressing LIVE (hold BACK) when watching a program that is still recording does nothing. Pressing SELECT brings up choices but none allow you to go live without stopping the recording.

And found one more: Scrolling to a program in the DVR menu and hitting PLAY starts from the end of the show with no option of starting over. This is a program I had NOT watched yet. The only way to start from the beginning is to select the program in the DVR menu and drill down through the options. This may be the root of other play shortcuts. WAY TOO MANY BUTTON PRESSES.

And found one more: Scrolling to a program in the DVR menu and hitting PLAY starts from the end of the show with no option of starting over. This is a program I had NOT watched yet. The only way to start from the beginning is to select the program in the DVR menu and drill down through the options. This may be the root of other play shortcuts. WAY TOO MANY BUTTON PRESSES.
Did the program show that it was mostly (about 90%) watched? Seems to be a common prob if you have "prepare for mobile transfer" set to "on"

Did the program show that it was mostly (about 90%) watched? Seems to be a common prob if you have "prepare for mobile transfer" set to "on"
Yes, it was more than 90%. But I don't have "prepare for mobile" turned on.

have you checked for sure? It might be default. Since I turned mine off, I finally have programs that do not show "watched".
There's a "Smart prepare for mobile" in the DVR defaults menu. That's all I could find and it's turned off.

There's a "Smart prepare for mobile" in the DVR defaults menu. That's all I could find and it's turned off.
OK - I've been thinking - the fact that you don't have a "start from beginning" option sounds like a different problem. Hopefully someone else will have another idea.

I had another problem this morning when trying to watch a program that was still being recorded. Start from beginning did not work! I tried all the places in various menus and it still started from the same spot near the end of the recorded section.

I eventually got it to play from the beginning, but don't remember how.

What does the prepare for Mobile actually do?
I believe it's supposed to create a copy of programs in a different format that can be transferred to a tablet or smart phone.

I really that some programs (with copy protection) were actually converted so they could no longer be viewed on the receiver. Hopefully the automatic process won't do that! That's one reason I've never turned it on. The other reason is I don't watch on my iPad but might if I go on a trip.

I believe it's supposed to create a copy of programs in a different format that can be transferred to a tablet or smart phone.

I really that some programs (with copy protection) were actually converted so they could no longer be viewed on the receiver. Hopefully the automatic process won't do that! That's one reason I've never turned it on. The other reason is I don't watch on my iPad but might if I go on a trip.
So it doesn't affect the streaming to the phone?

Oh and another thing about that: On the H3, Prepare For Mobile is set to ON for all new timers by default, yet in the Android app when viewing timer options, it shows as turned off.

It is as it's called...a prepare. You still would have to initiate the transfer, whether you use auto prepare or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)