DVR problems with box 522.

allthatufear

Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Ok I live at a apartment complex and we all have Dish Network through AT&T Home Entertainment , we are all plugged into 1 big satellite. So we all don't have our own. Lately I have had problems with programs being DVR'd on TV2. TV1 DVR works fine and no problems, but 2 won't work it just skips over everything. We only have 1 TV on dish, and we always had our box set to dual mode where it can dvr tv1 and tv2 with no problems at the same time, I talked to dish and they said thats how it should be. But with our TV2 problems we had tech come out and fix it. Well not tech its just apartment maintenance, so they don't know a lot as do dish tech guys. Well they came over and set it to single mode and now we only can DVR on TV1 and when we try to switch the channel when it is in DVR the signal goes out. I know there is a mode button on the front of the box but pushing it does nothing.

When the apartment guys came over the only way they got the button to work is to unplug 2 cables from the back that are for the 'Dish Q Box'. And then when that was unplugged go to QAM Setup and get it to check switch it would say no box dectected but a dish switch is and would I like to reset the reciver, and when it comes back the mode button works. I can then go into the shared view button which was grayed out before and enable it. then I plugin both q box wires and go to point dish and then check switch and it will then say a q box was detected in order to switch for using a multi-dish switch th a dish-q-box I must reset the reciver, so I reset it then it boots back up but when it does it is back in single mode. I just don't understand how I can keep it in dual mode...

Hopefully I am not confusing anyone....but just need some help, thanks to anyone that can help.

Ok I live at a apartment complex and we all have Dish Network through AT&T Home Entertainment , we are all plugged into 1 big satellite. So we all don't have our own. Lately I have had problems with programs being DVR'd on TV2. TV1 DVR works fine and no problems, but 2 won't work it just skips over everything. We only have 1 TV on dish, and we always had our box set to dual mode where it can dvr tv1 and tv2 with no problems at the same time, I talked to dish and they said thats how it should be. But with our TV2 problems we had tech come out and fix it. Well not tech its just apartment maintenance, so they don't know a lot as do dish tech guys. Well they came over and set it to single mode and now we only can DVR on TV1 and when we try to switch the channel when it is in DVR the signal goes out. I know there is a mode button on the front of the box but pushing it does nothing.

When the apartment guys came over the only way they got the button to work is to unplug 2 cables from the back that are for the 'Dish Q Box'. And then when that was unplugged go to QAM Setup and get it to check switch it would say no box dectected but a dish switch is and would I like to reset the reciver, and when it comes back the mode button works. I can then go into the shared view button which was grayed out before and enable it. then I plugin both q box wires and go to point dish and then check switch and it will then say a q box was detected in order to switch for using a multi-dish switch th a dish-q-box I must reset the reciver, so I reset it then it boots back up but when it does it is back in single mode. I just don't understand how I can keep it in dual mode...

Hopefully I am not confusing anyone....but just need some help, thanks to anyone that can help.

In QAM mode, dual mode is disabled. If you were ever in dual mode while in QAM mode it was a bug.

Its QAM Setup, now that I look, and its what replaces Point Dish. So you say thats a bug? Wonder if its the unit...cause everynight the dish goes out and stays at 0 of 5 process.

Maintenance is coming later, they called me he was trying to say I am doing something wrong. He said that with it not being seperate satellite's and just being one that is can only be in single mode. Which confuses me cause Dish told me the total opposite. I told him I think something is wrong with the box cause it still only DVR's on TV1 and not 2. And the only way I can get it to dvr on tv1 is by pressing the dvr button when something is on. Cause if I set it up the other way it makes it set to TV2. And then just skips over the shows cause TV2 won't dvr. I told him not only that but it loses signal and never regains signal. I told him the only way I can get the tv to come back is go to QAM Setup and scan for signals then it comes back. He then told me I shouldn't be doing that cause I could be changing settings and never go in there. He said it is for technicians only and I could be screwing the box up myself. It kinda pisses me off cause I haven't done anything that Dish told me not to do. I feel I am getting blamed for their problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)