DVR Programs-- Multiple Episodes in One Folder?

jsuede

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
Does anyone know if Dish plans on implementing this feature?

In other words, if I have multiple recordings of episodes of The Sopranos, let's say, can they be put in a "folder" for easy access.

As a recent convert from Tivo to the Dish DVR, it's the one thing I miss most. I have multiple recordings of shows and wish they could be grouped into folders in order to reduce the length of the My Recordings list.

Additionally, I would prefer the My Recordings box to be larger. I find myself scrolling and scrolling through recordings to get to the one I want.

Does Dish plan on changing the layout of the DVR recordings list, or does Tivo own the patents on these features?

Yes, but I would prefer if the DVR grouped my shows into a "folder" when I have multiple episodes of the same program.

While we are waiting for folders :) another nice shortcut are the two bottom row left hand side buttons - they skip to the next alphabetic letter on the list.

Tivo has a patent on "Folders" as well as 300 other bogus items based on simpler concepts they bought the patents to so that they could patent every little thing they do and use our abusive "legal" system to extract usary fees. Otherwise, they would be long gone by now.

Did anyone catch the Technical Forum broadcast? My question was answered. Seems Dish plans on implementing this feature. They said they're starting off by allowing the DVR to use collapsable lists, sort of like folders, and eventually folders where you can specify the name like "John's Shows" and move whatever you specify into them.

Cool!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts