DVR Question

boddah4

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
Michigan
I have my DVR setup so that the "record preference" is set to TV2. Is there a way to choose certain programs that will record to TV1? For instance I want Saturday Night Live to record to TV1 not TV2, but the other shows I have setup I want to continue to record to TV2.

Thanks in advance.

I have my DVR setup so that the "record preference" is set to TV2. Is there a way to choose certain programs that will record to TV1? For instance I want Saturday Night Live to record to TV1 not TV2, but the other shows I have setup I want to continue to record to TV2.

Thanks in advance.

Baddah4,

The Record preference can only be set as a Global attribute. Once set to Tuner #2 all shows will try to record on the DVR's second Tuner. If you try to record more than one satellite delivered channel in the same time slot the first timer will record using the Second tuner, the next show will record to Tuner #1. Currently there is no way to set a particular event to one tuner and not the other.

You do realize that both tuners record HD if the channel you select to record is in HD. The difference is that the output for TV#2 is SD only. When the receiver is set to Dual Mode any show recorded to Tuner #2 will be output through the TV #2 output in SD even though that recorded event may have been recorded in HD. If you select any event recorded from either tuner it will playback on the TV#1 outputs in HD if you selected an HD event and you connected your HDTV to either the TV#1 Component Analog outputs or the HDMI port.

When a receiver is in dual mode, any and all recorded events or Currently recording events can be playback or started from the beginning of that recorded event (from either TV#1 or TV#2 outputs), regardless of which tuner is being used to record that event.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)