Dvr question

sweetbronxyankee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
Before the Dvr lawsuit happened I had order a dvr they are coming tomorrow to hook it up , but I have a TV upstairs and one downstair can a dual tuner run both without a problem? I really do not know much about this dual tuner hook up stuff.

Last edited:
IIRC, the dual tuner one, you'll have to run a cable from either upstairs to downstairs, or vice versa.

Optionally, you might be able to get a wireless transmitter/receiver (like from x10) to do this wirelessly, if you can't fish the cables.

I got it hooked up today and it works really good I love the dvr features and I am ready for my favorite show to return this fall..:up

BFG said:
Do the dual tuners need 2 wires coming from the dish itself? Or does it just split the signal inside the receiver from 1? They wanted to give me a dual tunner but they couldn't tell me if I needed to run an addional wire from the dish to the receiver or not. lol. High techs at dish network. lol

Depends on your LNB/switch setup. If it is legacy or DishPro, you need 2 wires. To use 1 wire with the Separator (not really a "splitter"), you need to have a DP Plus switch, either the internal DPP Twin or upcoming Dish 1000.2, or the external DPP44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)