DVR/Sat master clock off?

articos

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
SoCal
Anyone else noticing their DVR cutting off early more than normal the past week+? Seeing more than one network program cutting off early/starting a few seconds in much more than would usually happen over the past few weeks. Some KABC prime time programming has been off by 30 seconds to 2+ minutes recently for me. Anyone else?

Also noting SciFi's guide data has been way off a lot lately. Some programs saying they're starting at 8:05p when they actually start at 8:00p...

I have noticed that a lot lately. However, some channels that have multiple episodes of a program carry over the end to the next episode. Very irritating if I am only DVRing one episode. Also, the national channels are starting earlier and earlier it seems so you have to leave what you are watching on another channel. So, I don't think it has anything to do with the clock in the DVR or with E*.

I'm noticing on my 622. I don't think it's receiver related. RE: the networks starting earlier, yes, they are, but I'm looking only at timers that are supposed to start at a certain time and end at a certain time, according to the guide data and the network timetables, and the dvr's clock is changing over before the program is over and cutting off the timer. It does happen on occasion, but it's happening more than it usually does, which is why I'm asking if anyone else is noticing it. The shows are running their normal running time, so it's not the show running over.

I've noticed two issues.

A couple of days ago, I was watching the time displayed on DISH change exactly one minute behind my atomic clocks.

Shortly afterward, they were in sync again. I can't say how common this is.

More often, if I have timers set for earlier programs on ABC or CBS then followed by a program on NBC, the last minute or two of the earlier program will be cut off as the timer changes the channel to start correctly at the beginning of the NBC program. So ABC and CBS are sometimes extending their shows beyond their time slot.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts