TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
If you have an iPAD, check it out:

DISH Network Introduces World's First DVR Scheduler App Optimized for the Apple iPad
12:07p ET August 5, 2010 (PR NewsWire)

DISH Network L.L.C., the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in America, today announced a free app for the Apple iPad: DISH Remote Access. DISH Remote Access is the first and only app from a TV service provider specifically designed for the iPad that allows users to control their televisions and manage their programming remotely.

To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click DISH Network Introduces World's First DVR Scheduler App Optimized for the Apple iPad -- ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Aug. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

Similar to the version available for the iPhone and iPod touch, DISH Remote Access for the iPad is a fully-featured remote DVR scheduler that provides DISH Network customers with complete access to all DVR functions and features. Users can schedule DVR recordings on multiple receivers, delete timers, browse and search nine days of shows, and manage their DVR libraries by setting recording priorities, resolving recording conflicts and deleting programs they have already watched. The DISH Remote Access app is compatible with most DISH Network SD and HD DVR receivers including the ViP 922, the world's only DVR with built-in Sling technology.

"At DISH Network, we are excited about the potential of tablet computers - like the Apple iPad - to enhance the TV viewing experience and enable consumers to remain connected to their TVs everywhere," said Vivek Khemka, vice president of Customer Technology for DISH Network.

The ap makes logging in and executing a dvr recording easy compared to using the safari web browser.

I used it this weekend. Nice interface. It was very slow this weekend, much slower than normal. I wonder if it had anything to do with the reported Sling account issues that were being reported also. Sling had done some kind of big data conversions on the accounts database.

When it works, it's AWESOME. Unfortunately, being able to log in and have the app work is a total crapshoot. Most times, I log in and can view the guide, but I can't access my DVR'ed programs or get programs to go live on the TV.

Yup for the most part it has been down since Wednesday, sometime it works but its hit or miss.

When it does work it is AWESOME! And it will be better next month when it has the Slingplayer built in as well... :)

I was away this past weekend and wanted to see my sling on the ipad. I kept getting that error and thought something had gone bad at my end like my PW had been changed. I wasted much time in the hotel trying to get it to work only to discover today the issue I had was their fault. :(

I installed the ipad app and it was working fine for me so far. I made a few changes to the DVR schedule that didn't seem to work though. I discovered that tonight when a program didn't record.

Yup for the most part it has been down since Wednesday, sometime it works but its hit or miss.

When it does work it is AWESOME! And it will be better next month when it has the Slingplayer built in as well... :)

About the Slingplayer next month, what would I need besides an iPad and my 722k to use it on my iPad? I haven't seen much discussion of this, either because I missed it, or it just hasn't been discussed recently enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)