DVR set to record. Doesn't.

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
8300HD.

Series Manager contains "Bill Gaither's Best" as the 1st line.
Select it.
Select 'Record series options'
Save at most = Keep all episodes
Record = New and Repeat episodes
Air time = All showings

Right now, Bill Gaither's Best is playing on 168. DVR is not recording.
(Insert yelling and screaming here)
I have noted several over the past few days that did not record. List shows the last recorded one was yesterday, Thur, at 11am.

Check - Scheduled recordings > By Title. Next "Bill Gaither's Best" is set for Monday (today= Fri).

It is soooooooo aggravating when this stupid contraption, which we pay for, does not work right.

Never had that problem with my box. I have the 8300 as well.. Id see about getting it replaced.
Maybe, but I'll wait until the new box is available in Brevard.

And then there's the disadvantage of losing all the stuff recorded on the current disk--or spending hours transferring it to DVDs.

I had the same problem. I called BHN and they told me it is a problem when the box switches over to "sleep mode". When this happens, you have to manually turn off the power, change the channel or something to trigger the box to wake up. I advised that is crazy and not what should be happening....I was told to exchange the box. I then told the rep, it wouldn't matter, with all the boxes using the same software. She asked me to hold on and never came back.

I had the same problem. I called BHN and they told me it is a problem when the box switches over to "sleep mode". When this happens, you have to manually turn off the power, change the channel or something to trigger the box to wake up. I advised that is crazy and not what should be happening....I was told to exchange the box. I then told the rep, it wouldn't matter, with all the boxes using the same software. She asked me to hold on and never came back.
All I can do is grin broadly at that one. This forum has had many--shall I call them "lively?"-- discussions about BHNs tech support via phone. I know better than to start that again.

All I can do is grin broadly at that one. This forum has had many--shall I call them "lively?"-- discussions about BHNs tech support via phone. I know better than to start that again.

I have a personal understading of what and how procedures go with BHN techs over the phone. I used to be one. I know the loyalities if still working there. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing BHN at all, however, just wish when I or someone else requests an answer, its a smart one and can be backed up, rather than the standard lines we are taught in training.

No one has replied with a factual answer as to whether there actually is a "sleep mode" or was the CSR just talking BS?

Insider, the "sounds like..." words in your reply made my mind hear it as a 'guess' rather than a factual "no, our dvr's have nothing called a sleep mode."

Sorry for not reading it right.

Insider, the "sounds like..." words in your reply made my mind hear it as a 'guess' rather than a factual "no, our dvr's have nothing called a sleep mode."

Sorry for not reading it right.

I turned on my TV yesterday morning and there was a message on the screen, asking me if I wanted to enter/exit into Sleep Mode. I left the DVR turned on when I shut of the TV and it was there the next morning. So, it does exist. The next time I see, I will snap a picture of it and post it (or link to it).

Last edited:
Repeat of my very first post as I just noticed it is doing the same thing--actually earlier this afternoon...

8300HD.
Series Manager contains "Bill Gaither's Best" as the 1st line.
Select it.
Select 'Record series options'
Save at most = Keep all episodes
Record = New and Repeat episodes
Air time = All showings

Earlier this afternoon, Bill Gaither's Best was playing on 168. DVR did not record it.

these's something missing. The full title of the show is either something else entirely or else you have it set to record on a different channel. it could even be that that DVR thinks the show is too lame to bother wasting it's time on. mine does that for some of my shows.

these's something missing. The full title of the show is either something else entirely or else you have it set to record on a different channel. it could even be that that DVR thinks the show is too lame to bother wasting it's time on. mine does that for some of my shows.
The title of the missed shows and the ones that record are identical in the guide or info button.

The recorded shows and the missed ones are all on 168, as is the setting in the Series Manager. However, I do not see in the 'Record Series Options' any parameter to set a particular channel or 'any channel' like we used to have. The closest thing is 'Air Time,' which allows for 'All Showings' or one specific time only--nothing there about all channels vs. a specific one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)