Dvr Warning! Presidential Speech Tonight!

I was just thinking about this and was going to post and ask the question of HOW to make sure that my 622 records my 3 shows I want to watch. Timers are already set but will they go off at the original time or will they adjust? Are you better of trying to set manual timers, but if so at what time? My Wife will not be happy if she misses any of Grey's Anatomy finale or 24.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably to be safe Pad...My 622 Guide does not show the speech, but my D*HD guide shows :15 minute speech on both NBC and Fox east and west. My thoughts, If your guide does not show...you better pad the timers..This won't affect me as I am on mountain time and the network shows are delayed an hour...

Last edited:
MikeF said:
I was just thinking about this and was going to post and ask the question of HOW to make sure that my 622 records my 3 shows I want to watch. Timers are already set but will they go off at the original time or will they adjust? Are you better of trying to set manual timers, but if so at what time? My Wife will not be happy if she misses any of Grey's Anatomy finale or 24.

For Grey's Anatomy I'm going to set it up to start at normal time, but I'll proably pad the end time by a bit, maybe by 30 minutes. It's on from 9pm-11pm so I don't think the President will go that long, but you never know.

I am not as concerned with His speech runing long but if the networks are then going to just start all the programming after the speech. that could mean all shows will start 20 minutes to even up to an hour later.

I too am in the same boat... Finale of Prison Break... Fox is running promos for it saying it will start at 8:20 after the presidential speech

Could this be the reason all my timers suddenly disappeared this morning? Even ones active late last night worked, but this morning they were all erased, and as of right now I can't even create new timers - nothing is showing up under the "Schedule" menu. BTW - I'm using a 522 DVR.

goaliebob99 said:
I dont think ABC is showing the presidents speach tonight..

The local ABC here in Columbus is..

I know NBC is going to show their shows 25ish minutes late, so will Fox. That's what their advertising here locally. Dont know about ABC and CBS on time starts..

President could have waited a week. Is the immigration problem going to be different NEXT week?

Appears, that he WANTs to interrupt our season finalies. Served him right if anyone doesn't carry it.

Sure would be nice if it was in the guide. E* should get on the data provider.

My TiVo guide shows the Pres on NBC & FOX. ABC and CBS show regualr programming. I suggest that you check at 7PM Central and see which channels are showing the Pres. Deal or not Deal was to be 2 hours, but the guide shows it at 1 hour 35 minutes now. Prison Break is shown at 7:25PM til 8:25 PM.

Here are the changes as announced (subject to change if the speech runs long):

ABC has bumped the Oprah special to next week. They will air a re-run of Grey's Anatomy in its place and stay on schedule from there. They will NOT delay ANY start times and will join the re-run of Grey's Anatomy IN PROGRESS.

CBS has announced no changes.

NBC will delay Deal or No Deal by 25 minutes. The Apprentice will start on time as scheduled.

Fox will start both programs 20 minutes late.

West Coast viewers are unaffected.

-----

So, here is how it looks (all times CT):

ABC:
7:00 Speech/Grey's Anatomy (in-progress)
8:00 Grey's Anatomy Finale
9:00 Grey's Anatomy Finale

CBS:
7:00 The King of Queens
7:30 How I Met Your Mother
8:00 Two & a Half Men
8:30 The New Adventures of Old Christine
9:00 CSI: Miami

NBC:
7:00 Speech
7:25 Deal or No Deal
9:00 The Apprentice

Fox:
7:00 Speech
7:20 Prison Break
8:20 24

Last edited:
chaddux said:
ABC has bumped the Oprah special to next week.

"cause god forbid anyone piss off Oprah!!!! :D I guess we could call next monday as must NOT see tv!
I was so happy cause I will be at the Dodger/Rockies game tonite and thought I wasn't going to have to suffer though the president's speech nor Oprah. Well, I guess one out of two ain't bad! ;)

Slamminc11 said:
"cause god forbid anyone piss off Oprah!!!! :D I guess we could call next monday as must NOT see tv!
I was so happy cause I will be at the Dodger/Rockies game tonite and thought I wasn't going to have to suffer though the president's speech nor Oprah. Well, I guess one out of two ain't bad! ;)

This is the first time I even know there was an Oprah special and I couldn't care less. With the two-hour season finale of "24" next Monday, I know what I'll be recording. :)

chaddux said:
This is the first time I even know there was an Oprah special and I couldn't care less. With the two-hour season finale of "24" next Monday, I know what I'll be recording. :)

I'm thinking I may pick the lint out of my carpet whenever the Oprah thing ares, but then again, with the speech tonite...:D

David_Levin said:
President could have waited a week. Is the immigration problem going to be different NEXT week?

Appears, that he WANTs to interrupt our season finalies. Served him right if anyone doesn't carry it...

It was strategery!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)