Dvr ?

broncobri5

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 14, 2007
Dayton, OH
I am considering the move from cable to dish. I have ruled out D* because i want an HD DVR. I am moving from TWC and have a SA 8400 box now. I think this is a tech question, but I put it hear based on the HD box I am questioning. All of my questions assume the scenario of 1 722 box with the DVR advantage programing (no dish HD locals).

If I have a show recording during primetime on CBS can I record another program on Fox at the same time? I assume that I would need to get one with the OTA antenna in HD and one from the dish feed in SD.

I know I can record 2 or even 3 shows at once while watching something different that has already recorded on TV1, but how does TV2 work? Could I record multiple shows and watch seperate things on TV1 and 2?
:)
Thanks Everyone

I am considering the move from cable to dish. I have ruled out D* because i want an HD DVR. I am moving from TWC and have a SA 8400 box now. I think this is a tech question, but I put it hear based on the HD box I am questioning. All of my questions assume the scenario of 1 722 box with the DVR advantage programing (no dish HD locals).

If I have a show recording during primetime on CBS can I record another program on Fox at the same time? I assume that I would need to get one with the OTA antenna in HD and one from the dish feed in SD.

I know I can record 2 or even 3 shows at once while watching something different that has already recorded on TV1, but how does TV2 work? Could I record multiple shows and watch seperate things on TV1 and 2?
:)
Thanks Everyone

D* does have a HD DVR. It is called the HR20, and it is pretty good. It can actually record up to 2 OTA channels at once which the 722 cannot.

1. Based on your scenario of no HD locals over the satellite, you could record up to 2 SD locals (assuming you get SD locals) and 1 HD local OTA, so yes.

2. You can record up to 3 live channels and watch 2 different recorded shows, 1 each on TV1 and TV2 with the 722.

Hope this helps.

Ted

Yea like spending 100 per month on programming but $199 of a HD DVR is VERY expensive. :rolleyes:

I would not mind spending the $199 (would have been $299 for my complete install) if I actually owned the hardware at the end, but since it is a lease, why make me pay up front? Dish gets it the same way all the game console manufacturers do. Charge as little as possible up front, then make the money off the content.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)