DVR501 and 3.68...Still Problems

tecboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
Cincinnati
ANyone else still having issues with their dvr 501/508 after the 3.68 software update? Seems like about 75% of the issues have been fixed but it still occasionally freezes when starting a dvr and my remote either doesnt work(wait about 30 seconds and it does) or the guide screen scrolls through about 5 pages before it stops..

ANyone else still having issues with their dvr 501/508 after the 3.68 software update? Seems like about 75% of the issues have been fixed but it still occasionally freezes when starting a dvr and my remote either doesnt work(wait about 30 seconds and it does) or the guide screen scrolls through about 5 pages before it stops..

Engineering says to enable inactivity standby, no clue if that will help or not.

Not sure how that will help...but at this point..i will try anything...I also changed the remote ID thinking that may help...not sure if the UHF remote/receiver could pick up interfernce from something and make the receiver see bogus commands...

One of my 508's is still flaky, stops responding to remote control when rewinding the live buffer, rebooted after trying to play a recorded event. #%!#$%#

Had that issue on my 501 about 6 months ago. It never did resolve its self and I finally replaced the receiver. Very frustrating since the remote seems to have mind of its own.

I've had 2 timer misfires since 3.68. Also, ff/rew scanning seems jumpy and way slow.

I've got the jumpy remote problem on one of my two boxes. And no its not the remote :)

I've also missed timers, had lockups, and weird screens and menu overlays. Also the jumpy ff/rw's. THe most annoying right now is if I'm watching a recorded show and I stop somewhere in the middle or at a point I want to show my wife. I come back to resume and it shows say 45 minutes left and then it starts 5 minutes till the end. Or it starts all over again :(

But it is better than that 3.65 :mad:

And another bug, deleted a show three times now and it keeps coming back.???

Last edited:
Program Guide FF/REW is flaky on mine when skipping ahead by day. Channels have "No Information" but when I stop skipping by day and instead go by hour the program information will show up. Missed a recording because of this. Recorded a channel in advance with "No Information" even though I knew what it was and it didn't record.

Mine is blacking out (actually "greying out") occasionally when I choose something from the recorded shows then rebooting itself (twice this week already). Definitely didn't have this before 3.68 came around.

Mine does it too I'm on my 3rd DVR 501 now. Almost ready to go back to DTV. Mine has been like skipping lately. The picture just seems like it is skipping like a old record used to do when you scratched it. Even on live tv. Is it sun spot time yet? I think that used to make dishes act funny for a while. :confused:

Crazy 508

I'm on my second 508. I replaced the first unit after about 4 years of solid use because it would reboot if I tried to rewind a live program that I was watch or if I tried to watch something I recorded earlier. The new unit has done the same thing. I called and was told that they are aware of the problems and that they will have a software fix shortly. Unfortunately, that was about 2-3 weeks ago. I keep my fingers crossed everytime I hit the DVR button or rewind a live program.

Well, my 501 just got 369 tonight. No big noticable differences in the last 8 hours. However, I haven't had a spontaneous reboot in that time; which is notable. Time will tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)