Dvr501

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
No, just the "Dish" channels that are in the clear.........Nasa.......Gol TV............

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
actually, Pete, there are different channels that a Dish receiver can get without a subscription

Dish 101
NASA 213
The knockoff shopping channels (218, 219, 221, etc)

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Yea? Its only a matter of time until they want money for Gol TV!!!!!!!!!

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Pete
What I meant was Gol TV is not able to be picked up legally on an unsubscribed receiver :)

It is still FTA for the FTA receivers

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
: ) I know ! I watch Gol TV often! I was just saying now with it on Dish and DirecTV its only a matter of time..........

Cascade

Goose.
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
Does anyone know Echostars official position on watching GolTV/NASA etc on an FTA receiver?
I know it's unencrypted, therefore in my book its fair game.

It would be interesting to hear what they have to say about it.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Cascade
I think they know people can legally view these. NASA and Angel One are FTA everywhere. But until someone at GolTV tells them to scramble it, it will probably stay in the clear :)

Remember when Sirius came on Dish and they were In the clear? It only took a little bit of time before they were scrambled. Also on ExpressVu, the Galaxie audio channels were FTA for 4 years...then all of sudden they were scrambled. Guess someone at Galaxie didnt like that :)

Cascade

Goose.
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
Yeah, some of the Sirius chans weren't bad, cranking up the speakers while I did something else until they took it away from me. I never got the Bell chans, those trees are still blocking it.
Kinda makes me sad to think that The Tube may disappear once it goes global, so to speak, that channel's worth more than everything on Sirius and Galaxie combined.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help for Max 2500 receiver's optical output

Setup issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)