DVR522 UHF Remote for TV1

poonjahb

Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
I can't seem to find the thread that referenced this earlier (yes, I did search), but was hoping someone could help me with this. I have a 522 with the L162 software. I have tried switching the UHF Pro remote to control TV1 by flipping that little plastic key at the bottom. When I do, it will control TV1 if I have the ID set correctly, but only via IR. When I flip that key thingy it seems to effectively disable the UHF portion of the remote. Any suggestions?

Also, any new news on the "name-based recording" feature and whether it will allow you to set up a "season-pass" recording like Tivo and my old ReplayTV box? That is the only thing I really miss about my ReplayTV, though the picture quality on the Replay couldn't compare with the 522.

TIA

poonjahb said:
I can't seem to find the thread that referenced this earlier (yes, I did search), but was hoping someone could help me with this. I have a 522 with the L162 software. I have tried switching the UHF Pro remote to control TV1 by flipping that little plastic key at the bottom. When I do, it will control TV1 if I have the ID set correctly, but only via IR. When I flip that key thingy it seems to effectively disable the UHF portion of the remote. Any suggestions?

Yes, the reversable key disables the IR mode when in TV2 mode, and vice versa. No software update should change this.

The UHF Pro functionality for TV1 wasn't intended for the use you are describing. It was intended to be available in case you had to locate the 522 in a location other than where both TVs are (or inside a cabinet out of the line of sight of an IR remote).

To do what you are wanting to do, the only way I know to do it (in dual mode) is to set the remote address id's to different numbers, and reprogram the stinking remote each time you want to use a different output.

Mainstreet said:
Yes, the reversable key disables the IR mode when in TV2 mode, and vice versa. No software update should change this.

The UHF Pro functionality for TV1 wasn't intended for the use you are describing. It was intended to be available in case you had to locate the 522 in a location other than where both TVs are (or inside a cabinet out of the line of sight of an IR remote).

To do what you are wanting to do, the only way I know to do it (in dual mode) is to set the remote address id's to different numbers, and reprogram the stinking remote each time you want to use a different output.

What I was hoping to do was use that remote to control TV1 since I only have one TV hooked up to the 522. I know that the new software revision added the UHF functionality for TV1, but I guess I would have to buy another UHF Pro remote to be able to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)