DVR921 for $899.10

Sears hopes to receive more 921's next week.

I sent Sears an email asking how to get the $100 discount on the 921. Here is part of their reply - note the last sentence:

Thank you for contacting Sears...

The email confirmation is your receipt. This means that you would need to place an order to receive an email confirmation. Since the item is temporarily out of stock, you will be unable to place an order online.

The rebate you are referring is for the UPS ground shipping charges that has an estimated value of $10 not $100. The final value of the rebate will depend on the final cost of your UPS ground shipping charges.

We recommend that you contact your local store for availability. This item has been released by JVC and we hope to receive another shipment within the next week.

Scott Greczkowski said:
No the JVC and Dish models are the same exact machines. Sears wants a brand name on their equipment so Dish has an agreement with JVC and as such the receivers have JVC written on them.

I don't think Sears will honor any of these orders when they become available, the $899 price would be sold for less then it cost them to get the unit.

I think somebody has their file security messed up...

do a google for TUDVR921RU and see what you get

WOW!

Somebody DID goof.

$856.12 for Dealer Cost? OK, I don't feel guilty anymore. I work on a 10% markup sometimes in my commercial flooring business often and they are getting 18%.

The surprisng thing is that they show the 721 with a $498 cost..... I'm surprised it is still that high.

They showed $840 as the dealer cost on the 921. If you think this should not be shown publically then edit the price out. This is before shipping and handeling and before any mark up for a profit. This is also a standalone cost instead of a system cost.

That was a JVC dealer list. The DishNetwork pricing is higher from what I saw. I'd even bet that Sears got an even better deal than that price list. The bigger you are the more likely you will get special pricing.

Don Landis said:
That was a JVC dealer list. The DishNetwork pricing is higher from what I saw. I'd even bet that Sears got an even better deal than that price list. The bigger you are the more likely you will get special pricing.

Especially since Sears probably buys direct from the manufacturer while the rest of the independent retailers buy from distributors who need to put THEIR markup on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)