DVR921 for $899.10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BCH

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Atlanta GA
Sears is having a 10% off sale on the 921 at the following link.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1761704529.1070125434@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccjdadckddkfffjcehgcemgdffmdflh.0&vertical=ELEC&fromAuto=YES&pid=05738193000&bidsite=null&vertical=ELEC&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes

If you have a problem with the link it can be reached by going to sears.com, Electronics, JVC, DVD VCR & Other Video. The 921 is the third item. When you select it you will notice on the left side of the page there is a $99.90 savings. If you want to place an order you will have to select STORE PICKUP. You can continue with the process and the price of $899.10 will be displayed before you actually have to place the order.

I found that if you do a search to find the 921 the reduced price offer does not appear.

Did you complete the order?

During checkout - I received a message that the item is not available at the store chosen (or any other).

You will probably be able to find it just as cheap or cheaper than that in the near future once the 921 rolls out. The dealers are making a tidy sum on this receiver because of how expensive it is so if they discount it a good bit plus sell you a Free Dish promotion you could end up with it as cheap as $700-$750 if not cheaper for new subscribers, or $900 for the receiver.

No sales tax in Anchorage, you could move here!
It's a balmy 10 degrees today, up from -5 yesterday! :)

anybody been able to do it on-line yet?
I had no luck, tried about 25 different stores within driving (and loooong driving :) distance.

The picture on the sears site shows the JVC logo on the front.
It has the 921 specs (25 hr hd recording, ect.). The 921 spec sheets here do not have that logo.
Is the sears model the same as the one we've seen for awhile or is it possible the sears
921 is the cheaper JVC model we heard about ?
I thought among other specs, the hard drive was smaller on the JVC model and that was why it cost less.
Is it possible the sears site has the cheaper model, but has the spec wrong?
Larry

No the JVC and Dish models are the same exact machines. Sears wants a brand name on their equipment so Dish has an agreement with JVC and as such the receivers have JVC written on them.

I don't think Sears will honor any of these orders when they become available, the $899 price would be sold for less then it cost them to get the unit.

Scott Greczkowski said:
No the JVC and Dish models are the same exact machines. Sears wants a brand name on their equipment so Dish has an agreement with JVC and as such the receivers have JVC written on them.

I don't think Sears will honor any of these orders when they become available, the $899 price would be sold for less then it cost them to get the unit.

Thanks for the quick reply Scott.

That is good news.

Larry

Yeah, Sears offering a non-existent 921 for a discount is a very old marketing trick. Reminds me of the story of the two competing produce merchants...

BTW, for a limited time I am offering the authentic DishPlayer 921 with a free 2 meter component or DVI-I cable included for only $499 installation included, while supplies are currently unavailable. No pre-orders allowed. Once the 921 becomes available, the price will be $1,299, installation extra & no freebie wires.

:rolleyes:

John Corn said:
Now I'm not getting the discounted price online.

I can make it through the checkout UNTIL its time to goto the pay page. Then it gives a "unavailable" error & says that it will REMOVE the item form the cart!!!! WHAT A TEASE :( It did give the $99 discount on the unavailable item!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts