dying

evoll57

Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
B.C. Canada
my receiver is slowing down as it has lost it vidio as well ...whats up I am good with computers, but this blindsided me....help...this receivor is a mess
I suspect a virus...it is

impossible for a virus to be on a Dish receiver.
over heating maybe.(make sure it's where it can get air.
what model receiver do you have? unplug it for 5 minutes, plug back in and allow it to reboot completely.

I was recently have a lot of problems with my reciever. Go to the system info and see if all sat show up green. I had one that the reciever does not even need showing up red. Fixed that and have not had a problem since.

I am not sure where to post this question so I just chose here. I have a dish network ViP 612 Dvr... I have to return the one I have now because it won't let me watch any Video on Demand movies. Dish Network said it was an internal problem with the Dvr and I would have to send it back and they would send me another one.

My problem is, I have already transfered my recorded shows and movies to a hard drive but I was wondering if there is anyway you can do the same with your show timers and favorite channel lists. I hate it when I have to re-do that everytime their Dvr screws up and I get another one.

Please answer quickly as I have to get this Dvr sent back b-4 10 days are up. Thanks for anyone who can answer or help.

Yeah unfortunately you have to reset them all.

Figures

You would think they would get with the program and you could do this switch over process painless and easily... Technology has moved foward, they could at least keep up.. Thanks for the replies. I took digital photos of all of the things I wanted and printed the stuff out.. Yeah, I am really that sick of it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)