E* & BEV in same room

if your remote will allow separate remote addresses, I don't see why not. That's the kicker...need separate remote addresses.

I use to have 2 Dish 301's in my main room with no issues

As you go to the first receiver your log in to your buddies Slingbox......

I wonder how they are going to deal with the IP "call in's" with users on naked DSL connections?? The DSL connections I know seem to change IP's everytime you look at them.

Dont need to worry about IP's.

Each Slingbox has a Slingplayer ID, every so many minutes your slingbox connects to Slings servers and tells it what IP it is connected to. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dont need to worry about IP's.

Each Slingbox has a Slingplayer ID, every so many minutes your slingbox connects to Slings servers and tells it what IP it is connected to. :)

I was talking about when E* starts allowing the VIP receivers to call home from the ethernet port.

I can see where that would be an issue... an ip address is not necessarily traceable to a particular customer where a phone number is.

With an ethernet connection one thing they could do, is have all the receivers in your home find each other over ethernet, then they decide somehow which one of them should attempt a connection to report in. The concern is not as much what house they are in but that they are all in the same house. That one receiver would report back the list of all the others it found so the audit team would already know they are all in the same location, i.e. on the same subnet.

A real savvy networking guru type could probably still figure a way to do account stacking with this type of connection but it would be difficult.

I fear we have hijacked this thread as using ethernet ports instead of phone lines has really nothing to do with E* and BEV receivers in the same room.

Hart5150 said:
Will I be able to have a Bell 9200 in the same room with a Dish 622 using a Harmony 880?

I know I have a number of Dish 6000, Dish Vip211 and BEV 6000 in the same room. The 6000s allow you to set a different remote control number (1-9) for each box.

digiblur said:
As you go to the first receiver your log in to your buddies Slingbox......

I wonder how they are going to deal with the IP "call in's" with users on naked DSL connections?? The DSL connections I know seem to change IP's everytime you look at them.

Are these supposed to be here or did the database get hosed????????

HDTVFanAtic said:
I know I have a number of Dish 6000, Dish Vip211 and BEV 6000 in the same room. The 6000s allow you to set a different remote control number (1-9) for each box.

All E* boxes actually allow for remote addresses from 1-31

n0qcu said:
All E* boxes actually allow for remote addresses from 1-31

Even the old 6000s?

I've only seen codes for 1-9 listed on the Universal Remotes.

Guess I've never tried to take it up to double digits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)