E* Forum Newbie Poster Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tele-TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Hey Guys,

This is my first post in the E* forum, so PLEASE :D go easy on me (did some checking on E* site). I was thinking about subscribing to Dish (New Customer) for the Voom Ch., and I was wondering between the 921, and the 922, which one is most like the HD Tivo (but with a working hard drive), NO hardware/software problems? How much am I looking at for lease AND purchase for these two DVR's? I can't thank-you enough for your help.

Matthew

Stay away from the 921 it's a piece of poopies

The 942 is their newer HD-DVR it costs $250 down to lease.

To buy it at MSRP is $699

Thanks Bryan. I knew I could count on you (like I always say, because its true [LOL]). Based on your suggestion, I'm going to call SBC (I PROMISE! :D ) to see what kind of bundle deals I can get. Will let you guys know what happens/how things turn out. Thanks everyone for lending an ear.

[Wondering if I should cancel my Charter Cable install for Tues {already have D*}. Hmmmm.....]

What's worth more to you? Bundle deals or good service from a LOCAL GUY?

Plus, remember the down side of bundling - you pay it ALL, or EVERYTHING gets cut off.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US! We welcome newbies, after all helping others out in the world of Satellite TV is what we are all about.

I would stick far away from SBC. I have heard horror storeis of installers done by their installers. Go with someone local and you will be way better off and the costs will be about the same.

Also another thing to think about it when new services are made available it takes awhile for SBC customers to get them, for example up until a few weeks ago SBC customers could not get 942's nor could they subscribe to the VOOM channels.

Again stick you your local installer, its someone who is there now and will be there in the future when you need them, try getting the same installer technition out to your house twice from SBC.

SORRY! for the late response guys (don't know what's wrong w/ me sometimes. And Scott, thanks for the kind words.

I decided to hold off on getting Dish. Will be definitely getting, especially with the new Voom ch.'s being uplinked. But I'm going to wait until at least D* releases their 5LNB dish for the L.A. market so I can do the wiring for E* correctly/re-do my exisitng D* wiring (neat). Thanks. Tomorrow Charter comes out to install cable and I will be watching HD programming again. :yes

Oh, and I would rather go w/ a local guy. Also, I'm not going to go w/ a bundle/package deal.

[I HATE! myself right now. :eek: /embarrased

*EDIT* I'll eventually be like Scott, have alll three pay TV providers at one time. :D Okay, well definitely D* & E*. Charter will probably be gone by then.

Can I use a D* Phase 3 or the new AT9 to receive E*?? I know I may have to reposition but not a problem there.
and where can I get a E* HDDVR ASAP
like right now....overnight?

rkr0923 said:
Can I use a D* Phase 3 or the new AT9 to receive E*?? I know I may have to reposition but not a problem there.
and where can I get a E* HDDVR ASAP
like right now....overnight?

No, you cannot use a D* Phase 3 Dish. Call Claud at DishStore (a site sponsor) and he will get it to you quick if you want to buy. Otherwise, call a local installer or Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts