E* has dropped access fee on locals only accounts.

cj9788

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Miami, FL
I just got my bill from E* on my locals only account with one receiver and they no longer charge the $6.00 fee, but they did raise the price of the locals to $9.99.

Old bill:

ACCESS FEE 6.00
JACKSONVILLE FL LOCALS 5.99

New Bill:

LOCALS PACKAGE 9.99

I thought it was a billing error so I called the last night to confirm.

This is good to hear. I think if they offered a basic package like this for people on a budget that would not qualify for new promotions then they get the full price out of the system and install and it also gets them customers that have the potential to increase the package to a higher priced one. I bet half would do that eventually. Also it prevents people from dropping the service completely if hardship comes. I can see a market for this package.

You sure you don't have the SD Essentials package? This supposedly has a number of SD channels for $10, but does not have locals. Or so we thought!

Essentials pack with locals is 14.99 a month. I know I have it on my third account for my Aunt in Arkansas. So it is 9.99 for the essentials pack + 5.00 for locals = 14.99 a month.

You sure you don't have the SD Essentials package? This supposedly has a number of SD channels for $10, but does not have locals. Or so we thought!

No I only have the Jax Fl locals on this account. As I posted previously when I opend the account last August the bill each month was locals 5.99 and a 6.00 accsess fee. When I got my new bill this month I noticed it was lower than previous months so I called E* to verifiy the billed amount, I did ot want to get a double in the future for something I thought they left off. The rep told me they repriced the locals and dropped the accsess fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)