E* locals in Los Angeles

flyloc2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Does anyone have any insight as to why E* doesn't have KCAL 9 or KTLA 5 in HD? I have been waiting for these two for sometime, but I don't see anything coming down the pipeline. D* has them!:mad:

I really don't want to switch, but I do want my locals in HD without an antenna. D* would run almost $20 more a month and right now I don't want to pay anymore than I have too.

It's worth putting up an antenna if you can get reception. I get KTLA, KCAL, and 4 PBS stations in HD as well as their multi-casts. NBC and ABC also have multicasts. The digital broadcasts of KCOP, KDOC, qubo are much higher quality than the SD that Dish is transmitting.

I pay for locals mainly so I can 1) get the programming guide, 2) record on Tuners 1 and 2, and 3) watch locals live on TV2.

I totally agree with what Jenny_Piccolo said. I also live in the LA locals market and I absolutely love what I get with the off air antenna. You do have to have a good antenna with a good amp. I cant live without the antenna and love being able to record 3 things at once on the 722 or 622. I think your crazy if you would not consider it. Even if you switched to Direct then you are still not going to get ALL the locals that are being transmitting in HD. With a off air antenna you will get them all before DISH or Direct offers them.

I am annoyed that Dish does not offer all the available channels in HD, but you have to make the most of the situation.

DirecTv has the upper hand right now when it comes to HD and they have more space at this time. Dish Network will add the HD feeds in time as more space becomes available.

I put up a little amplified antenna and get great reception of ktla5 and kcal9, especially Dodgers and Lakers games. The ability to record one of these channels while I'm recording two other satellite feeds is awesome. Even if dish did add these channels I would still be watching them OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)