E* Offer Almost to Good to Pass Up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nickg420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 31, 2005
Flowery Branch, Ga
E* once again has sent me a "We want you back" Offer.....and I must say it is almost too good to be true...

I will get 20 bucks off of my bill for 10 months with any HD Package and I get a Premeium Channel package of my choice free for 6 months. When it's all said and done it's almost like giving me $270 to come back......and as much as it pains me to say it E* new HD additions are looking pretty good right now...

I am comparing both sides of the tape but I have to be honest it looks like I will be moving back to E*....

Well that may be but it's still worth me switching just so my wife can stop nagging me about the D* DVR not being like E*'s DVR

For me they offered only 3 months of a premium! But installation was free and installation of a second dish for international channel was also free.:hatsoff:
Picture quality much better than D*, even with HD-lite. I kept my HD TIvo for extra space though!! ;)

nickg420 said:
E* once again has sent me a "We want you back" Offer.....and I must say it is almost too good to be true...

I will get 20 bucks off of my bill for 10 months with any HD Package and I get a Premeium Channel package of my choice free for 6 months. When it's all said and done it's almost like giving me $270 to come back......and as much as it pains me to say it E* new HD additions are looking pretty good right now...

I am comparing both sides of the tape but I have to be honest it looks like I will be moving back to E*....

$270 saved and $250 to D* for breaking current commitment plus return of any leased equipment. And if the TIVo lawsuit decision is upheld losing your DVR. Sounds like a good deal to me.

That's actually a better deal than for new customers. I am a retailer and we only offer 3 months of a premium...plus the $20/10 mos...the amazing thing though is that they usually don't do sh!* for existing/previous customers....

Except this time they are offering existing customers some decent deals.

For example if one has a leased 921 or 942 DVR, then you get $100 credit toward a leased 622, bringing the cost of that upgrade down to $99. And by upgrading to a HD metallic programming package, you get $10/mon for 10 months, another $100 credit. Effectively making the upgrade free.

And if you turn out to need a dish upgrade and/or LNB upgrade to get the new HD programming, that is also free. So it's a better than free upgrade for existing customers.

Mtnmike said:
$270 saved and $250 to D* for breaking current commitment plus return of any leased equipment. And if the TIVo lawsuit decision is upheld losing your DVR. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I am under no commitment I own my equipment, so it cost me nothing to cancel, and regardless of what you think E* will do everything in it's power to not have DVR service turned off, even if they have to pay Tivo royalties.

nickg420 said:
So ultimately I guess your saying it's OK for E* to F*ck people as long as the end justifies the means......and V*s 15 channels of BS is considered taste???....Only V* channels worth any space is Rave the rest are complete wastes of space IMO. Oh Yeah Gameplay HD has so much tasteful programming gimme a break....... Look here's the deal I come here everyday and I see people post so much hoopla about HD-Lite and I think to myself when did people just stop sitting at home and watching TV????

Sure we all want the clearest sharpest PQ possible and we all know that's not what we are getting.....so what???........Sometimes I just want to scream watch the damn TV and shut up.......I for one am thankful for anything that's better than SD and D* SD is not near as bad as E* as least not in my neck of the woods. So HD or HD-Lite I welcome it all....

Nick

nickg420 said:
As someone who made the "MPEG-4" jump w/E* and as someone who had every HD channel they offered from the day Voom moved to E*. I have moved to D* and never looked back.......Ultimately as many have said it entirely depends on what YOU want.....

From my experience from both providers D* is top on my list right now.......... better PQ, better CSRs and they don't have a CEO who will constantly piss down your back and tell you it's raining.

nickg420 said:

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....... - Dr. Seuss

Well I guess its time to make your move regardless of what anyone thinks, including yourself.:D

Last edited:
Mtnmike said:

Directv will let you out of your commitment with zero costs. All you need to do is ask.

NO DVR = NO BUSINESS FROM ME

I have a really hard time believing that Directv will let you out of your commitment at zero cost if you ask. They might say that but doing that is another thing.

Stargazer said:

I have a really hard time believing that Directv will let you out of your commitment at zero cost if you ask. They might say that but doing that is another thing.

DirecTV will have a real hard time believing they will let him out of a commitment. He might say that but doing it is another thing LOL:up

Stargazer said:

I had 20 months left in my commitment and left Directv at zero costs. I only had to send back my H20 that was leased. If you have leased equipment then you can leave with no problems. I also had a R15 that was purchased in January and was able to keep that since it was before the leasing started.

I purchased my HD TIvo last year with 2 year commitment. This year when I call to cancel they reminded me of the commitment and that I"d have to pay $13 per month left in the contract! Maybe it's different if you're just leasing??

JAG72 said:
I had 20 months left in my commitment and left Directv at zero costs. I only had to send back my H20 that was leased. If you have leased equipment then you can leave with no problems. I also had a R15 that was purchased in January and was able to keep that since it was before the leasing started.

PowerCommunications said:
That's actually a better deal than for new customers. I am a retailer and we only offer 3 months of a premium...plus the $20/10 mos...the amazing thing though is that they usually don't do sh!* for existing/previous customers....

That's why I left them in April for D*. They didn't want to even talk to me after 7 years with them, so here I am, a newbie with D*.
:eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)