E prices on E Bay dropping

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
I just bought a brand new never activated 522 from a reputable seller for $158.00 including shipping. wonder why the prce is so low?

Lease upgrade is a NON REFUNDABLE $150.

At least I can SELL the leftover box when I am done with it:) $$$$

I DONT believe in leasing stuff and dont like having to wait around for installer to just plug it in.

had a friend who got ripped off after having a dishwasher serviced, they believe the service tech cased the house

what can I say I am a DIY kinda person....

Bob Haller said:
Lease upgrade is a NON REFUNDABLE $150.

At least I can SELL the leftover box when I am done with it:) $$$$

I DONT believe in leasing stuff and dont like having to wait around for installer to just plug it in.

had a friend who got ripped off after having a dishwasher serviced, they believe the service tech cased the house

what can I say I am a DIY kinda person....
I was under the impression that the only way E* would activate a 522 is that it had never been activated before. If this is true how do you plan to recoop your expenses.

Paradox-SJ said:
You over paid. I bought one for 120.00 including shipping....not bad for a discontinued device.

That's what I paid for my 522 about a 9 months ago. $158 isn't bad though.

This is a good time to buy Dish equipment. Whenever the yellow card swap is complete; is when prices will go up.

Those vultures who have been going to FTA to get illegal programming will be coming back.

If I was Dish, I'd refuse to provide a new yellow card, if it is an old receiver with an old blue card, afther swap is completed. Or, at least charge the bastard $50 for a new one.

Otherwise, put them on DHA.

juan said:
I was under the impression that the only way E* would activate a 522 is that it had never been activated before. If this is true how do you plan to recoop your expenses.
Dish will activate them all as long as they (the receiver) has never been a leased one and there is no balance due on it. If you "own" one you can sell it and the buyer can have it activated.

Prices will continue to fall.

Bob, when MPEG4 is coming down, you won't get squat for a used dish receiver.

fred

miguelaqui said:
I didn't think that E* would add a 522 for just anyone. Is this true?
Well when they first came out you could only get one through a lease only deal unless you when in the back door(ceo.com thing :D ), but now anyone can buy them from a retailer or online.

I also think that when MPEG-4 comes down the pike, that the receiver prices will tumble down further in price. Even before then I can see a price drop in receivers once all of the cards are finally swapped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts