E* questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lou_do

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Central Maine
I have a couple of questions about E* HD that maybe someone could answer.

1. I have two HD TVs. I am thinking about putting a E* DVR one one of them and a HD receiver on the other one. When ever I try to get a price for such, it comes up with that E* DVR that has a second output, of a downgraded signal, that feeds the second TV. Will E* sell or give you a HD receiver, for that second TV, so you don't have to view a downgraded signal?

2. When you subscribe to DishHD PLATINUM package, do you also get all of the local RSNs with it, or do you have to subscribe to that separately?

Thanks

lou_do said:
I have a couple of questions about E* HD that maybe someone could answer.

1. I have two HD TVs. I am thinking about putting a E* DVR one one of them and a HD receiver on the other one. When ever I try to get a price for such, it comes up with that E* DVR that has a second output, of a downgraded signal, that feeds the second TV. Will E* sell or give you a HD receiver, for that second TV, so you don't have to view a downgraded signal?

2. When you subscribe to DishHD PLATINUM package, do you also get all of the local RSNs with it, or do you have to subscribe to that separately?

Thanks

1. I think you should be able to get a second HD receiver, but you will probably have to talk to a real person. Try your local Dish reseller.

2. You have to buy the sports package to get all RSN's. $5.99 a month extra.

garys said:
Answer #2. You would get you local RSN's (if any) with Silver HD package or higher. nuts4scuba was refering to the Multl-sports pack which will give you all RSN's offered by Dish and all their blackouts.

I was refering to the entire Sports pack, not just my locals.

Thanks

FYI - When you buy the sports pack for the extra $5.99 to get all the RSN's, but only your local RSN's will show pro sporting events live. The other RSN's that are not local to you will be subject to Black Out rules for live pro sporting events, but many of those RSN's replay the games on tape delay after midnight and you will not be blacked out from those replays.

richard_rd said:
FYI - When you buy the sports pack for the extra $5.99 to get all the RSN's, but only your local RSN's will show pro sporting events live. The other RSN's that are not local to you will be subject to Black Out rules for live pro sporting events, but many of those RSN's replay the games on tape delay after midnight and you will not be blacked out from those replays.

Most of the tape delays are blacked out now.

Kaydigi said:
Most of the tape delays are blacked out now.

Really? Now that is stupid. I can understand why the live game is blacked out, but a replay? Dumb Dumb Dumb.

lakebum431 said:
Really? Now that is stupid. I can understand why the live game is blacked out, but a replay? Dumb Dumb Dumb.

I have had the RSN sports package from D* for years and they black out all MLB, MILS, NBA, and NHL, games and replays, on your out of market RS Ns, unless you subscribe to those packages, or the games are on your local RSN(s).

I was tiring to see if ALL RSNs were included with the Platinum HD package and not just your local ones. I was comparing the D* & E* for the entire HD package content, when I posted my original question, but think I found the answer. If you look under the channels on the E* web site it looks like ALL the RSNs are included with various packages without having to purchase them separately. But it does note about the blackout restrictions for your out of market RSNs.

Looks like they are included with the Platinum HD package, but I am going to call E* to find out for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)