E* Tech Support Getting Better

rwjga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Asheville, NC
Last week my 622 started having problems which turned out to be a problem with the hard drive. I called Tech support four different times, first to determined what the problem was, to activate the new 622, and to resolve a couple of problems with having a new receiver and smart card number. Each time I spoke with a person I am sure was in the states, spoke English, and they quickly understood what my problem was and gave me a solution.

I was later called asking to do a survey on my tech support call.

It has been a while since I last called Tech Support, but then the person could hardly speak English and sounded to be reading every response they gave me.

If this is the same for everyone, Tech Support has made a great improvement.

Tech support has mostly been staffed by Americans here at home. Regular csrs are usually from overseas. Most subs come in to contact with the regular csrs . Thus the reason DISH has had bad customer service comments made by most on these boards. BRING THE CUSTOMER SERVICE HOME CHARLIE!

Edit title

Last week my 622 started having problems which turned out to be a problem with the hard drive. I called Tech support four different times, first to determined what the problem was, to activate the new 622, and to resolve a couple of problems with having a new receiver and smart card number. Each time I spoke with a person I am sure was in the states, spoke English, and they quickly understood what my problem was and gave me a solution.

I was later called asking to do a survey on my tech support call.

It has been a while since I last called Tech Support, but then the person could hardly speak English and sounded to be reading every response they gave me.

If this is the same for everyone, Tech Support has made a great improvement.

You need to edit your title since E* is the correct abbreviation.

Beleive it or not when the new list from Consumer Reports came out on customer support. D* & E8 were with in a couple of percent of each other. They were between 21 to 24 % of gripes.

I also had a positive experience when I called 'em today. I'm having big time signal strength problems because of trees. Talked to 2 different Americans and they're sending a tech out Sunday morning to see if my dishes can be moved to correct the problem. They immediately waived the $99 charge (I've been with them almost 12 years) and said if they were successful in relocating the dishes there'd be a 90 day warranty on the installation. Now hopefully they'll show up and be able to do something. :rolleyes: I've had some horrible experiences in the past--no shows/no calls & poorly trained techs, etc. Last time they used a different contractor and everything went fine. I even tipped him $20. We'll see.........

Ed

I have had mixed reviews lately. First I got an overseas guy that could not explain why he needed my credit card number to charge my credit card $1 for a free upgrade--when I have automatic bill pay to my credit card, anyway. Then I had to work my way through supervisors until I finally got to Executive Resolution Team in order to have a new 722k sent out to me instead of requiring a Dish tech to do the install. (I do all my own stuff--always!)

In the end, it all works out, but I wish there were not so many false starts along the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)