EA 72 61 LNB Check Switch fails for 72

dxcontester

Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
Virginia
The EA 72 check switch failed on LNB, 61 signal OK. I bought a new EA LNB, same problem. Check switch not see 72, only 61.5. Is it my Wally receiver?
thanks for your help

When you stand behind the dish looking at the white plastic eyes of the LNB the left is 72 and the right is 61... In other words they do cross each other to the satellites..cover the left eye with aluminum foil and see if your still receiving the 61.5..if so then your skew adjustment is off..

Reactions: TheKrell
When you stand behind the dish looking at the white plastic eyes of the LNB the left is 72 and the right is 61... In other words they do cross each other to the satellites..cover the left eye with aluminum foil and see if your still receiving the 61.5..if so then your skew adjustment is off..
NOT THE SKEW - don't touch the skew. Skew does not change, check to make sure the pole is absolutely vertical.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
The EA 72 check switch failed on LNB, 61 signal OK. I bought a new EA LNB, same problem. Check switch not see 72, only 61.5. Is it my Wally receiver?
thanks for your help
I was thinking azimuth. ;)
Thank you all for kind replies. After much tinkering, I found the EL to have dropped a degree on the dish. I reset that and tweaked AZ, and both signals were OK. I was under the wrong assumption that the receiver should do a Check Switch whether or not it had a signal source. So I learn from that. I re-tightened all bolts and it is happy again. I appreciate your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)