EA or WA in South Florida?

bobcatcharlie

Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
upper michigan
I live most of the year in Norhtern Michigan. My present HD programing comes from the EA. In Southwest Florida, where I spend the winters, should I get an EA dish or a WA dish?

The best place to start with your type of question is "The List" found at the top of the satelliteguys.us page. Go to subscription satellites. There, you can find which satellite and spot carries the local stations throughout the country. Find your florida city and you wil see if is eastern or western arc.

In some cases both will have the locals such as Tampa..... Because of the heavy downpours I recommend the WA if you have a choice less rain fade....

Say what? The higher elevation angle (and no snow) should argue for an EA dish.

I don't switch to get the locals in Florida, as it makes it possible to get my Michigan sports and the big 10 network. Just wondering which LNB to get. I've asked several different satellite people and gotten different answers. A Florida installer said he has had better luck with the WA.

It really doesn't matter if you are not going to change your service address. Use whichever one has the best line of sight. Personally I would use the arc your FL locals are on just in case at some point you want locals. I think the SWFL markets are on both EA and WA anyway.

Hi, if you are going to take the receiver that you use up north I think you might be better off if you could use the same Dish and LNB at your second home. That way you would not have to run a check switch. I was playing around last week with my 210 receiver and went from a 1000.4 on E.A. to a Dish 500 on 110/119 and had a heck of a time getting the receiver to work with the 1000.4 again. It kept insisting I was on the wrong sat 77 Mexico. I never moved the Dish 1000.4 and I'm at a loss to explain why it was such a pain to get it working again. So you might want to avoid the check switch if you can use the same Dish and LNB. Later, DC

Thanks for the responses. May thinking has been to find a dish and the LNB's I need for the EA. I set things for use in my Motorhome. And yes, I take one of my 'boxes' from Michigan. I've used it traveling all over the U.S. even when my dome can only pick up one Sat. at a time. It's just that the switch check takes so long.

If you're RVing, why not just shell out the dollars for the Tailgater for use with a 211k. All you do is set it on level ground, punch in the state, and it auto-installs itself for the western arc. Personally, I think setting up for the WA is a bit easier than the EA especially if you're using a tripod. If you go that route with the full reflector, get a good tripod with a leveler.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)