EA Signal?

I figured it out, first thought was a bad cable or end from the switch to the power for the switch, I was going to replace the cable from the switch to the power supply, and low and behold the cable at the switch that has the power was loose, so I check the other 7 connections on the switch and they were all loose, tightened them all up and we are good to go. Thanks for all the thoughts and ideas, I appreciate it.

Your welcome. When you get DishNetwork out to get your signal readings higher, please post. I would be interested to know the solution.

Your real problem is that your installers really didn't do the right thing in trying to peak your 1000.4 to 79 and 77 since in Rochester we're not in the 77 orbital slot's conus footprint. Only the far southern part of NY state touches the very weakest fringe of the 77 orbital slot's footprint. This is why our HD locals were placed on 61.5.

Rochester retailers were instructed as of August 18th to install 1000.4 dishes being sure to peak 61.5 and 72.7 and not to worry about 77 because all our programming is on those 2 birds. If the customer subscribes to a DishLatino pack, they would also put a 110 wing dish up to pick up the remaining Spanish channels that would have been on 77.

Here's the retailer information Scott posted detailing this...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/222821-rochester-ny-moving-eastern-arc.html

You would have been way better off if your installer had just repointed your 2 existing dish 500's to 61.5 and 72.7 respectively giving you a VERY strong signal on both sats since they'd both have their own directly aimed dishes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)