Early Contract Termination Fee?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JonE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Denver, CO
I jumped on the Free HBO/Starz with two-year contract a while back (about 4 months if I recall correctly). Now I'm on Turbo Gold with Platinum and am unhappy with the service as a whole. Not worth what I'm paying for it. Problem is I'm still under contract, and would have to pony up a ETF plus whatever other fees they tack on. What is the ETF, and what other fees could they make me pay if/when I decide to cancel early?

I jumped on the Free HBO/Starz with two-year contract a while back (about 4 months if I recall correctly). Now I'm on Turbo Gold with Platinum and am unhappy with the service as a whole. Not worth what I'm paying for it. Problem is I'm still under contract, and would have to pony up a ETF plus whatever other fees they tack on. What is the ETF, and what other fees could they make me pay if/when I decide to cancel early?
I'd like to know the same thing. What is the current policy?

I'd like to know the same thing. What is the current policy?

Depends on your contract. For some it is $10 per month or $250 (mine) and for others $12.50/mo or $300.

Here it is copied from Dish's web site for the current Turbo promotion:

Offer not available for current DISH Network customers.

6-Month Programming Credit: Requires participation in Digital Home Advantage with 24-month commitment and minimum qualifying programming. Customer receives a credit for each of the first 6 months. Credit amount will depend on programming package selected. After 6 months, then-current price will apply. Digital Home Advantage: Requires Social Security Number, valid major credit card and credit approval. If qualifying service is terminated prior to end of 24-month period, a cancellation fee equal to the lesser of $300 or $12.50 per cancelled month of service will apply

Depends on your contract. For some it is $10 per month or $250 (mine) and for others $12.50/mo or $300.

Here it is copied from Dish's web site for the current Turbo promotion:

Offer not available for current DISH Network customers.

6-Month Programming Credit: Requires participation in Digital Home Advantage with 24-month commitment and minimum qualifying programming. Customer receives a credit for each of the first 6 months. Credit amount will depend on programming package selected. After 6 months, then-current price will apply. Digital Home Advantage: Requires Social Security Number, valid major credit card and credit approval. If qualifying service is terminated prior to end of 24-month period, a cancellation fee equal to the lesser of $300 or $12.50 per cancelled month of service will apply
Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)