Early morning beat the heat, found something?

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, got up early this morning and setup on the roof top to try and bring an old FTA dish back to life. Had a bad LNB (lightning) and installed a new universal LNB and got busy trying to find something. Was aiming for 87W and found something. Tried looking up on LyngSat but can't find a match. A blind scan came up with 6 channels - 5 Powerview and one called the DC channel. Active transponders my old DVB-S only receiver found were: 11776/V/5004, 11791/V/5004, 11757/H/3984, 11957/H/29281

Any idea where I'm at?

Thanks, Dale

Attachments

• BeatTheHeat1.jpg
    BeatTheHeat1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 184
  • BeatTheHeat2.jpg
    BeatTheHeat2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: FTA4PA
Hi all, got up early this morning and setup on the roof top to try and bring an old FTA dish back to life. Had a bad LNB (lightning) and installed a new universal LNB and got busy trying to find something. Was aiming for 87W and found something. Tried looking up on LyngSat but can't find a match. A blind scan came up with 6 channels - 5 Powerview and one called the DC channel. Active transponders my old DVB-S only receiver found were: 11776/V/5004, 11791/V/5004, 11757/H/3984, 11957/H/29281

Any idea where I'm at?

Thanks, Dale
Probably 87W.

You're on 87W SES2. Those are data transponders and the CNN mux including the DC Channel.
Thanks, now that I found 87W I think I want to try and see if I can pickup LPB on 11811/H/11150

Have an old AZ box that can receive DVB-S2 but it does not have blind scan.

Can anyone confirm the numbers for LPB?

Thanks, Dale

Reactions: FTA4PA and c-spand
Thanks for the help, tried like heck to get the AZbox to find anything with no go. All menus work, had 13 volts on V and 18 volts on H but could not find anything at all. The quality bar stayed at zero. Tired different LNB settings 9750, 10600, universal manually setting all the transponder settings and never saw the quality bar move from zero. Hooked the old Fortec Star thinking maybe the new LNB broke but it found the DC Channel again. Perhaps the AZbox is broken.

Think it's time to upgrade and trash the old receivers.

Will start researching and try to find something a bit easier to use then the AZbox.

You can't go wrong with one of these. I love mine.
Great price, great service and he is a Satellite Guys moderator and contributor.

You can't go wrong with one of these. I love mine.
Great price, great service and he is a Satellite Guys moderator and contributor.
Thanks for the info. Was on the fence over the Amiko vs the cheaper GTmedia V7 plus HD. Saw a good youtube review on the Amiko last night, really like the small size and simple layout. Should fit nicely under the new TV next to the Roku and Orby TV boxes.

Then I saw your reply - done! Just placed an order for one.

Update: the new receiver box came in this morning. That was fast! Hooked it up and put in the wrong sat - SES 2 C-band instead of Ku. DOH! After I sorted that out I was able to enter the correct LNB info and get things working. It found the LPB mux on a blind scan but missed the patient ch and the DC ch. Got those after manually entering the TP info.

I did change the resolution from the default 720P to 1080P and then 1080i Could not tell the difference so I left it at 1080i.

Still figuring things out but it's working great and the HD picture on LPB is very good :)

Attachments

• NewReceiverBox.jpg
    NewReceiverBox.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 176
Patient Channel has an FEC of 7/8 so you need a higher C/N to lock it in. I find it doesn't always blind scan in. I agree that video on LPB is very good. So this is my PBS source since 125W is too low in the sky and tough to catch for me.

Reactions: TRG
Update: the new receiver box came in this morning. That was fast! Hooked it up and put in the wrong sat - SES 2 C-band instead of Ku. DOH! After I sorted that out I was able to enter the correct LNB info and get things working. It found the LPB mux on a blind scan but missed the patient ch and the DC ch. Got those after manually entering the TP info.

I did change the resolution from the default 720P to 1080P and then 1080i Could not tell the difference so I left it at 1080i.

Still figuring things out but it's working great and the HD picture on LPB is very good :)
I mainly watch PBS on 125W (E and W feeds) and yes, the picture quality on the Amiko Mini is excellent.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Hey, I know that box! :)
Thanks for getting it shipped quickly. Also liked that you updated the firmware and sat list before sending it out.

That was one thing I did not like on my old AZ box. It had the full and old sat list and seem to always start at the other side of the planet. Never did figure out how to update it or delete un-available satellites.

Good job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts