Easier to Qualify? Dish or Direct

Directv claims to market to the higher end customer therefore, I would thick that dish would easier to qualify for. Dish also offer a prepaid service that requires no credit check. If you purchase your own receivers there is no credit check. I know that my credit score is dececnt but, no great score but when I checked into Directv the credit check was no problem.

Dish has plans for people without credit/bad credit. Worst case you use the free for all promotion where you buy the equipment up front then you get a monthly credit on your bill to pay you back.

I have pretty poor credit and I "qualified" with both companies. Direct keeps calling me to switch from Dish, but I will not. Unless Direct offers me two free HD-DVR systems, identical to what Dish offered me when I signed up. No reason for me to put out $398 for items that I do not own and have to pay monthly rent. Then this is the nail that bites me... give back when I cancel my account and do not receive the upfront money back! The company is already out to make a buck!

Yes, that's true to a point. But there is a line to which I think a company should go. They charge the customer upfront for the crap, monthly rental fee, monthly DVR fee, and monthly programming fee. When you cancel, then you give back the crap. The company cleans up the units and re-rents them. That's the point I find wrong. You give back the crap, you should be given the upfront money back. Plain and simple. I actually did research on this topic and its completely legal. Its the customer who should understand what right and wrong is to them. And I find its a big wrong. As you can see, I am a person who has deep feelings about this topic. I really really dislike being taken advantage of by big companies. Not saying, that I am not right now but again, there is a line.

DirectTv will require a $300 deposit and you won't get the promotions if you have little, low, or bad credit score.

Dish is much more lenient.

AGain, I was "qualified" and I would be considered with little, low, or bad. Heck, I had a car repoed! Just freakin CALL them and they do it over the phone in less then a minute.

No credit card=NO DHA! Over the last week we had 5 customers wanting to sign up with dish and were wanting hd packages. They only had debit or check cards. Since these were not premium customers, they did not qualify for dish with just debit cards.

The only people who can use debit cards with dish are people with extremely good credit(Premium customers). Our company offers both providers, so the 5 people who wanted dish are NOW directv customers.

Way to go dish. If your trying to self destruct just keep heading the same way and making the same types of decisions. Your almost there!

No credit card=NO DHA! Over the last week we had 5 customers wanting to sign up with dish and were wanting hd packages. They only had debit or check cards. Since these were not premium customers, they did not qualify for dish with just debit cards.

The only people who can use debit cards with dish are people with extremely good credit(Premium customers). Our company offers both providers, so the 5 people who wanted dish are NOW directv customers.

Way to go dish. If your trying to self destruct just keep heading the same way and making the same types of decisions. Your almost there!

Do you think, I'm paying with a credit card? Paying all my bills, including Fios Internet with a debit card that has a visa logo. This is the second time I'm replying to someone's incorrect message in here! People just continue saying the wrong crap! Freakin pick up the phone and call both companies directly. You will, hopefully, get a better answer because we are now two for two with incorrect information. As with the last comment, work with the company directly!

I qualified just last week with Dish...Had a Bankruptcy last year so id say there not to picky. I have a credit card still and thats all it took. I got everything free just hasnt been hooked up yet due to the east arc here in ky .

Do you think, I'm paying with a credit card? Paying all my bills, including Fios Internet with a debit card that has a visa logo. This is the second time I'm replying to someone's incorrect message in here! People just continue saying the wrong crap! Freakin pick up the phone and call both companies directly. You will, hopefully, get a better answer because we are now two for two with incorrect information. As with the last comment, work with the company directly!

Nobody said you can't pay your bill with a debit card. You can even set up auto pay with it.
A new customer with dish that has average credit cannot sign up without a credit card(dha). This was put into place not to long ago. There is some other threads about this on here. Claude @ the dish store can verify this also.
Just because you qualified previously does not mean you would again. Both providers have changed credit and qualification standards.
I sign up people everyday for both providers & when somebody comes into our office with your attitude and knows our job better than we do we just give them the 800 #'s and tell them to have a nice day.

And we got a three for three now! Signed up with the exact card I am using to pay my bill now. People also said, you can not sign up for Fios Internet with a debit card and I showed them also! Keep trying to show me differently.... contact the companies directly!

My info was not incorrect. I used to sign people up for DirecTV in the past six months, for a third party vendor using DirecTV's direct computer application system and credit check, and $300 deposits came up all the time. Maybe you got lucky, or a CSR at the company was able to waive the deposit......

Believe me, I wish they wouldn't have been so strict, I would have made more money!!

Nobody said you can't pay your bill with a debit card. You can even set up auto pay with it.
A new customer with dish that has average credit cannot sign up without a credit card(dha). This was put into place not to long ago. There is some other threads about this on here. Claude @ the dish store can verify this also.
Just because you qualified previously does not mean you would again. Both providers have changed credit and qualification standards.
I sign up people everyday for both providers & when somebody comes into our office with your attitude and knows our job better than we do we just give them the 800 #'s and tell them to have a nice day.

And we got a three for three now! Signed up with the exact card I am using to pay my bill now. People also said, you can not sign up for Fios Internet with a debit card and I showed them also! Keep trying to show me differently.... contact the companies directly!
Rockin, when did you sign up? He said this was a fairly recent change. What he says may very well be correct now.

You own personal experience does not automatically equate to everyone's experience.

With companies of this sort, you can call customer service twice in a row speaking to two different people and get entirely different stories.

You own personal experience does not automatically equate to everyone's experience.

With companies of this sort, you can call customer service twice in a row speaking to two different people and get entirely different stories.

This is correct. Depends who you speak to, which country you are speaking to, and whats going through the person's mind on the other end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)