Easiest way to switch external hard drives?

fish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
I did a search and looked for a while but didn't find the answer I was looking for.

What is the easiest way that you all have found to switch the ex hard drives to view different content on different drives. I am pretty certain that one cannot use a USB hub and connect a bunch at once right? Would be a cool software update cuz many of us have our receivers tucked away on a shelf or in a different room entirely. I guess for now hooking the Ex Hard drives to the front of the box is the easiest access to switch the drives?

I did a search and looked for a while but didn't find the answer I was looking for.

What is the easiest way that you all have found to switch the ex hard drives to view different content on different drives. I am pretty certain that one cannot use a USB hub and connect a bunch at once right? Would be a cool software update cuz many of us have our receivers tucked away on a shelf or in a different room entirely. I guess for now hooking the Ex Hard drives to the front of the box is the easiest access to switch the drives?

Yep, just unplug one and plug in the other. I use the front port for the same reason, easier access.

Mine are all turned around "backward" so I can easily move the USB plug from one to the other. The cable is long enough to run around to the back of the receiver and all the drives are connected to power. Only one turned on and connected to USB at a time though.

I use a USB hub and just switch on the one I want to use at the time. My drives sit on top of the 622.

it means you can only unplug 3 times, then the EHD will re format it self and you will lose everything on it

it means you can only unplug 3 times, then the EHD will re format it self and you will lose everything on it

Just to clarify, it doesn't matter how many times you unplug it. What matters is how many times you switch a drive from one receiver to another. Right now you can switch 3 times. Hopefully soon they will allow us to switch back and forth as many times as we want. I would like to be able to switch back and forth between my 622 and 722. Or better yet allow either box to see a "networked drive".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts