East Coast Snow = Outage?

kschramm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Anyone in the Mid Atlantic lose their dish signal due to the snow.? I have not and I am amazed. I thought for sure I would have to climb up on the roof and clear the snow.

In pittsburgh got 4 or 5 inches. no problem:) After 12 or 13 yeas have agerage of one snow outage every other year, except last year 5 snow outages, lots of wet sticky snow.

My dishes live on my deck for easy snow clearance.

i glad i'm in TX, it rarely snows here, sure we get an few ice storms but it's not bad enough to affect the dish unless it's a really heavy downfall of rain/sleet/snow in the winter. i bet it really sucks over there where the blizzard is hitting hard plus the areas that normally get's heavy snowfall during the winter months.

jesus I thought the 18" I got 2 weeks ago was alot! Mine was really heavy I had to clean off both my dish 500 and wing dish

No outage here (Fairfax, VA) and I shoveled about 2' of snow from the driveway. Neighborhood roads are impassable. 2 Dish 500's for 61.5/110/119.

Only got about 1-2" last night, but it was heavy-wet snow that stuck to the dish and I lost signal. Didn't happen once last winter. But, my dish is on a pole in the back yard, so it was easy to wipe the snow off.

What's the best stuff to spray on the dish to keep the snow from sticking? I've heard of using PAM or Dust spray (like Endust). What works best?

Only got about 1-2" last night, but it was heavy-wet snow that stuck to the dish and I lost signal. Didn't happen once last winter. But, my dish is on a pole in the back yard, so it was easy to wipe the snow off.

What's the best stuff to spray on the dish to keep the snow from sticking? I've heard of using PAM or Dust spray (like Endust). What works best?

Same problem here last night, and I also have the same question. What is the best anti-stick stuff to use??

Are you sure you guys didn't have any problems with your signal?:D
Based on some rumors, that can't be true.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

Oh well I didn't think your signal would be an issue,since I've lived in the Pocono Mt's my entire life and had satellite since 1995 an Never had the Snow outages that some claim E* is known for.

No signal issues, but been without grid power since Friday evening. Running on generator for 2 days and counting.

I didn't have my Dish on yesterday and just realized that I'm not picking up 61.5. I checked some programs that were supposed to record yesterday and didn't get them either. It's dark not, so I'll have to check out the dish tomorrow and see if it's covered, but it shouldn't be as the other 2 are perfectly fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)