East Texas HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bigglesworth

Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
Tyler, TX
I am kind of looking for an official Dish response to this as I have been unable to get one myself. I work for Dish, well, one of the largest RSP's for Dish and have for over 10 years now. I am curious as to the hold up on providing East Texas, Tyler, Local channels on our system. DirecTV has them available and I was curious if we are in a battle with the local channels themselves or just don't have the bandwidth available on the satellites?

I have sent my requests up the food chain here at my local office and corporate and the response is pretty much "it is currently not being offered in your area but should be soon". Was hoping I could get a clearer response here.

Why would you expect a clearer answer here? We are only a band of consumers not DISH executives. As a 10 year employee you have better connections for rumors than many of us.

1 word BANDWIDTH. Till they get the WA conversion done they are screwed.
"The LIST" shows 7 Dallas HD channels are broadcast on 61.5 EA they are also available from WA so it might be more correct to say allocation of bandwidth is the problem. If Dallas were only on WA there would be bandwidth available on 61.5 for Tyler, TX. of course Tyler would then have to go EA.

There are many duplicate cites on both eastern and western arc in Texas. My hometown of Beaumont is on both 129 and 61.5 and so is Houston on both 110 and 61.5. I guess it would make sense to just pick one arc for one of the other cities and put Tyler up on Eastern arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts