Eastern Arc - Advantage/purpose

No it is going to be intially for new customers.

It will be an all MPEG4 service, which will eventually provide customers not only with better picture quality but additional channel choices.

Scott will it be only for new customers, or can existing customers get it if they want to pay for the installation of a new 1000.4 dish? I already have a VIP receiver, so I would just need the new dish, and I am willing to pay to get it, so might i be able to get it as soon as it is available?

I live in New Orleans, and what I really want is by the end of August (start of football season) I hope to be able to get my New Orleans HD locals, and the all MPEG 4 system i.e "Eastern Arc" using just one dish. Do you think this is possible to have by the end of August? And just your best guess Scott, I know you have been unjustly beat up lately on some of the threads, so I am not going to hold you accountable on this. I know there is knwo way you could know for sure if what i ask for will be available by the end of August, so all I am asking is for your educated guess.

Thanks

I would think that if you are willing to pay, you could call a local retailer and they could set you up with a dish and an install, or if you feel you could point it yourself, just buy the equip...

Hendrix i wish I knew how to set up the equipment, but I don't. I guess for now I will sit tight until my HD locals get up on 61.5 then I will see what the status of Eastern Arc is, and then figure out what to do. The last thin I want to do is switch to Direct. I have been with Dish for about 10 years, but Direct already has my locals in HD, so I will wait until the end of the summer and see what is up with Dish, and then decide what to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts