Eastern Arc and 129

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I have an eastern arc system. I would like to get some locals off of 129. Can I use a DP34 switch to do this? Hook the 1000.4 EA LNB in it and the LNB from the 129 dish. Will the 722k know what to do with both 61.5 and 129?

Thanks

Maybe or maybe not

129 usually dominates over 61.5 but sometimes it causes a conflict. Might be best if you cover the 61.5 LNB over so it can" pick up the sat. You also need to make sure you are in the spotbeam for the locals that you are wanting.

My setup includes 61.5 110 118 119 and 129 . No problems here, 129 is dominate unless you have 61.5 plus 77/72, then 61.5 is dominate.

Since I am on EA, I have 61.5, 77, and 72. I guess that 61.5 would dominate. I am wanting to get Atlanta locals to get Peachtree TV. I am in West Alabama, so I am not in the beam for the Atlanta locals off of 61.5, but spot 43 on 129 covers me.

I notice that the LNB on the 1000.4 has a "LNB In" port. Could I hook up the LNB from a dish pointed at 129 to that? Also, I have read that if I do need a switch, that I will have to use the DPP44 is that correct?

Thanks

I notice that the LNB on the 1000.4 has a "LNB In" port. Could I hook up the LNB from a dish pointed at 129 to that? Also, I have read that if I do need a switch, that I will have to use the DPP44 is that correct?

Thanks

If you hook 129 into the LNB In Port then you can't use a DPP44. If any of the sats from the 1000.4 are plugged into a switch, then the LNB In port is disabled.

Hook it into the LNB in port, once you get it tweaked and working, take a piece of foil and put it over 61.5 so it will not happen to choose 61.5 one day.

Which LNB is the 61.5 one, the one that is off by itself (farthest to the right if you stand behind the dish looking toward the satellite)? And, just take a couple of pieces of aluminum foil and cover it, maybe put some black electrical tape on to hold it?

Thanks for all of your suggestions and help

Fartherest to the left if facing the dish but behind the LNB's. So I think we are talking about the same LNB. I wouldn't use electrical tape since come next summer the heat will get the adhesive hot and it very likely will fall off when the wind then blows. Try a little bit of glue on the sides to hold it maybe or cable ties. For Toyz it very well could be the problem have seen this in other threads when there are more than 1 sat for it to look at for the same channels.

Be warned if you have multiple sats with DISH locals on them , and you combine them in the same check switch matrix , your ota timers will not work with name based recording if they are the same as you dish locals. For example I had Beaumont, Tx hd locals from DISH and my ota timers are from Beaumont ,Tx as well. My DISH hd locals for DISH are off both 129 and 61.5 sats. I have the eastern arc dish for 61.5/72.7/77 and I plugged a side sat for 129 into the lnb port. My ota timers would not work with name based recording. This happens in St. Louis as well where there locals were coming off of 61.5 , 118, and 129 sats. If you mix the two arcs be sure you don't have locals duplicated like this or you will suffer the same problem with your ota timers.

I have another question. Could I just disconnect the cable that goes to the 61.5 output, put a terminator on that 61.5 connector, and then put a barrel connector and terminator on the cable? Would that not serve the same purpose as the foil over the LNB?

IF the 61.5 sat is a side sat , you could disconnect the cable , run a check switch and then the 61.5 sat wouldn't be in your matrix any longer.

I have another question. Could I just disconnect the cable that goes to the 61.5 output, put a terminator on that 61.5 connector, and then put a barrel connector and terminator on the cable? Would that not serve the same purpose as the foil over the LNB?

Did you add a switch or are you connected to one? If you have a switch, then yes, you could just not hook up the 61.5. If you don't have a switch, then the Dish Pro Plus (DPP) LNB you are using combines all satellites it receives off of each of the 3 outputs, so if yo disconnect it you'll probably knock out one of your receivers.

BTW: I've used aluminum foil and duct tape in rare situations without trouble.

According to the map that is at the "List" spotbeam 43 covers me off of satellite Ciel 2 at 129. It is the same spotbeam that Birmingham locals (my DMA) come off of.

Did you add a switch or are you connected to one? If you have a switch, then yes, you could just not hook up the 61.5. If you don't have a switch, then the Dish Pro Plus (DPP) LNB you are using combines all satellites it receives off of each of the 3 outputs, so if yo disconnect it you'll probably knock out one of your receivers.

BTW: I've used aluminum foil and duct tape in rare situations without trouble.

I do not have a switch, I would just be using the DPP LNB as a switch. So I guess then that the best course of action would be to cover the 61.5 LNB.

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)