Eastern arc Charleston SC

kenelvox

Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I know there have been cities moving to the eastern arc. I have a tree starting to infringe on my western arc install and wonder if anyone knows if eastern arc is available or planned soon in Charleston SC.

129 is my problem. That is why I was hoping Charleston was one of the cities switching over. Thanks for the feedback.

I know there have been cities moving to the eastern arc. I have a tree starting to infringe on my western arc install and wonder if anyone knows if eastern arc is available or planned soon in Charleston SC.

Charleston SC Eastern Arc current plan (tentative) is end of June 2014 so it looks like your solution is near.

Thanks for the information. That will be great. I will keep my ears open. Is there anywhere to look for when it happens?

I'm in the same situation in the Augusta,GA area. I don't think that I can get 129 anymore,in fact I was surprised when the installer got it in the first place back in 2012. I have a 1000.4 Western Arc dish. When Eastern Arc comes on line for Augusta,Ga,should I just call a local installer to come out & exchange LNB's. My Dish account has been inactive for a while,I want to be changed to Eastern Arc when I reactivate my account(I have flex account).

Thanks for the information. That will be great. I will keep my ears open. Is there anywhere to look for when it happens?

Right here. You will see it appear on the uplink report and on the 61.5W in THE LIST (probably first as unavailable, then available when it goes live)

I'm in the same situation in the Augusta,GA area. I don't think that I can get 129 anymore,in fact I was surprised when the installer got it in the first place back in 2012. I have a 1000.4 Western Arc dish. When Eastern Arc comes on line for Augusta,Ga,should I just call a local installer to come out & exchange LNB's. My Dish account has been inactive for a while,I want to be changed to Eastern Arc when I reactivate my account(I have flex account).

Augusta, GA is also tentatively scheduled for late June Eastern Arc startup so when it goes live and if you are not getting all your channels, that would be the time to call.

Augusta, GA is also tentatively scheduled for late June Eastern Arc startup so when it goes live and if you are not getting all your channels, that would be the time to call.

Is there a link for all the cities that are planned to start up on EA? I know there's a list about the Dual-Arc cities that will eventually down the line move to EA but I must've missed the list about the new EA startups.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Any updates on when the locals for Charleston, SC will be available on the Eastern arc? I recently moved to Charleston and my Dish Network installer put us on the Eastern arc, saying that the locals would be transferred over to the Eastern Arc within two weeks. Well, that was over three weeks ago now and I still have no locals. My family (especially the wife) are very frustrated with Dish at this point and are ready to switch to cable. I am still holding on hoping that we will get our locals soon.

As an interim measure, you might be able have CS change your service address to somewhere near Myrtle Beach. That would get you the Florence and Myrtle Beach locals, so at least you'd be getting the major network shows.

Any updates on when the locals for Charleston, SC will be available on the Eastern arc? I recently moved to Charleston and my Dish Network installer put us on the Eastern arc, saying that the locals would be transferred over to the Eastern Arc within two weeks. Well, that was over three weeks ago now and I still have no locals. My family (especially the wife) are very frustrated with Dish at this point and are ready to switch to cable. I am still holding on hoping that we will get our locals soon.

If things stay on schedule, it will be next Wednesday(25)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)